Dr. Lee Ann Walker
Academic Program Manager - MBA Marketing
Office: Lower Level of the Traurig Library
Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA), 04/2012
Major: Business. Minor: Marketing, Management, Leadership
American Intercontinental University
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2/2005
Major: Business, Minor: Marketing
University of North Florida
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), 12/1998
Major: Graphic Design, Minor: Communications
Dissertation: Walker, L. (2009). Operational barriers experienced by social service centers serving sex trafficking victims.
Post University – Waterbury, CT 07/2014 – Present
Academic Program Manager – MBA Marketing, Student Level: Masters
Course Concentration(s): Marketing
Post University – Waterbury, CT 02/2013 – Present
Associate Online Faculty, Student Level: Bachelor
Course Concentration(s): Marketing Research, Principles of Marketing, Advertising
Southern New Hampshire University – Manchester, MA 06/2012 – Present
New Faculty Trainer, Team Lead, and Online Adjunct Instructor, Student Level: Masters Course Concentration(s): Marketing Strategies
New England College of Business – Boston, MA 05/2012 – Present
Course Designer and Online Adjunct Instructor, Student Level: Bachelor
Course Concentration(s): Digital Advertising, Search Engine Optimization, International Business Management, Marketing, Operations
Management, Consumer Behavior, Principles of Marketing, Digital Marketing
Upper Iowa University – Fayette, IA 03/2012 – Present
Online Adjunct Instructor, Course Development, Student Level: Masters
Course Concentration(s): Training and Development, Theories of Leadership, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior and Culture, Team Building, Business Research and Analytics, Global Marketing
Lincoln College of New England – Henderson, NV 06/2011 – 04/2013
Student Writing Tutor, Online Adjunct Instructor & Course Content SME, Student Level: Bachelor
Course Concentration(s): Marketing Management, Advertising, E-Commerce, Global Marketing, Marketing Research, Organizational Behavior
Everest College – Santa Ana, CA 11/2010 – 04/2013
Online Adjunct Instructor, Student Level: Associate, Bachelor and Master
Course Concentration(s): Introduction to Marketing, Business Enterprise, Introduction to Business, Customer Relations and Servicing, Principles of Supervision, Consumer Behavior
Westwood College Online – Denver, CO 10/2010 – 04/2013
Online Adjunct Instructor and Course Development SME, Student Level: Bachelor
Course Concentrations: Service Marketing, Principles of Advertising, Customer Service, Consumer Behavior
Jacksonville Transportation Authority - Jacksonville, FL 8/2007 – 8/2010
Senior Marketing Planner
- Supervised internal art & print departments, outsourced contractors/vendors, and advertising agency in the development and delivery of marketing programs, ad campaigns, print collateral, and social media plans.
- Managed the development of organization’s marketing materials to include (not limited to) brochures, postcards, posters, magazine and newspaper ads, special collateral, programs, and marketing plans.
- Participated in development of integrated marketing strategies, design standards, policies, and procedures.
- Presented marketing plans and product evaluation reports for senior management review.
- Assisted in development of community outreach proposals and development of strategic partnership alliances.
- Provided media and speech writing support for agency special events and tradeshows.
- Assisted in the development and execution of department’s strategic plan and oversees brand initiatives.
URS Corporation – Virginia Beach, VA 9/2000 – 8/2007
Marketing Coordinator/Senior Graphic Designer
- Developed and designed agency marketing materials to include brochures, postcards, posters, magazine and newspaper ads, media kits, marketing plans & strategies, proposals, and presentations.
- Assistant editor, design contributor, and photography support for two quarterly newsletters.
- Attended and/or organized public meetings, client and project events, promotions, special and media events, and tradeshows.
- Managed and direct advertising agency.
- Cultivated community supporters and developed strategic partnership alliances.
University of Florida/Shands Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL 9/1999 – 7/2000
Marketing and Design Specialist
- Assistant writer and editor of internal monthly newsletter.
- Developed agency marketing materials to include brochures, postcards, posters, magazine and newspaper ads, special collateral, and marketing plans.
- Oversaw brand initiatives (marketing/promotion) for 16 satellite medical clinics.
- Assistant media liaison for hospital.
Dr. Walker believes her role as an educator is to promote academic excellence, mitigate gaps in knowledge, and foster a safe learning environment that challenges students’ intellectual potential. She does this by providing deeper approaches to learning through scholarly and creative instructive contributions and application of critical thinking using real world current industry events. Lee Ann establishes a democratic learning environment through open communication because it is her desire to create a classroom that collaborates to generate a close-knit community of problem solvers and solution builders. She plays a critical and active role in student success by implementing learning strategies that are flexible in formats and technologies that prepare them for an ever-changing and increasingly interconnected world. It is her overall goal to enrich the lives of her students with the intent that they develop skills and knowledge that directly contributes to improving their lives, careers, and communities.
Professional and community activities
Volunteer Rape Recovery Advocate
2014 Faculty Member of the Year, New England College of Business and Finance
79TH Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition – Top 100 – 2010
“Taking Luck” placed 69th out of 1001 entries in the Inspirational Non-Fiction Category
Scholars for Change – Walden University - 2009
Grand prizewinner in an international video contest showing exemplary skills for incorporating social change into my life, career, and education; www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUWWmIW32kw
Dr. Lee Ann Walker has 15 years of targeted, professional experience in marketing, advertising, graphic design, corporate branding, and customer service in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations. Dr. Walker has provided marketing and design support for national and international organizations in fields of business such as civil engineering, architectural design, transportation, professional sports, healthcare, and product manufacturing.
Dr. Walker currently resides in Danbury, CT with her husband, little boy, baby girl, and two cats. She enjoys spending time outdoors with family and friends, reading, teaching, and volunteering at local women’s shelters. She is also a proud veteran of the Unites States Army, having served 7 years.
My research interests are twofold. While my doctoral work focused on the social phenomenon of sex trafficking and a marginalized population, I also have a passion for marketing and the advancement of technology utilized in marketing.
Digital Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Consumer Behavior and Decision Making; Brand Management; Marketing Communications; Principles of Marketing; Organizational Development; Qualitative Research; Organizational Culture; Business Analysis and Research.
Walker, L. (2009). Operational barriers experienced by social service centers serving sex trafficking victims. ProQuest Database.
Going Back to Reach the Future, The Evolution Online Magazine, Lee Ann Walker, 2012