Students with Disabilities

Request Info

Step 1 of 2

Your information is secure.
View our Privacy Policy.

Are you or your spouse associated with the U.S. Military?

Step 2 of 2

Your information is secure.
View our Privacy Policy.

By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, text and email you at the information above, including your wireless number, regarding educational services. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to receive education services.

Post University welcomes applications from students with disabilities. The University will not deny admission to a qualified student and will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a student's disability so as to maximize his or her potential for success. The purpose of accommodations is to "level the playing field," not to provide an unfair advantage. The University is required, under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, to provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.

The University will determine if we are reasonably able to accommodate your needs and will inform you as to the nature and extent of the accommodations the University is reasonably able to provide. The Coordinator of Student Disability Services works closely with students and their professors to provide reasonable accommodations to help students complete their course work. In order to provide 'reasonable accommodations' to students with disabilities, the Coordinator and the student MUST consider three factors:

  • The particular needs of the student, the particular requirements of the course or academic program, and the format in which the course is delivered.

  • Students with learning or physical challenges are not required to inform the University or any of its offices of their disability. However, if students wish to receive learning accommodations they must contact the University Disabilities Coordinator. This should occur at the time the student enters the University. The Coordinator is the only University officer authorized to address these special needs. Accommodations can only be granted through the Disability Coordinator.

  • Students who request consideration for academic accommodations must present to the Disability Coordinator official documentation of their disability on letterhead from a licensed medical practitioner.

The documentation must:
Identify the learning or physical disability, list the academic/learning limitations caused by the disability, and suggest appropriate learning accommodations based on classroom setting (online or on ground).

This information is confidential. The Coordinator of Student Disability Services will only share the necessary accommodation information with the student's professors, unless more permission is given. Students are responsible for notifying the Coordinator of Student Disability Services at the beginning of every module/semester about what courses he/she is taking. Information cannot be released to instructors unless the instructor submits a request through email or speaks with the Coordinator of Student Disability Services in person. No other information will be revealed to any element of the University without the student's consent. Many students, however, choose to sign a waiver, allowing the Coordinator of Student Disability Services the opportunity to speak about the student's disability with other University Support Services, so that the student is provided support from all other areas, including: Academic Affairs, Athletics, Counseling Center, Learning Center and Residence Life.

Students with IEP / Special Ed Diplomas
Students with IEP/ Special Ed Diplomas must provide the following paperwork/documentation to be accepted to the University:

1. An IEP or Neuropsychological Evaluation that clearly states that the student's reading, writing and math levels are high school or above.

 2. A copy of the student's high school transcript.

If a student cannot provide these materials or the Reading/Writing and Math Levels of the student do not fulfill the High School Level criteria, the student will be denied admission to the University. In some cases, writing sample will be requested from the student if levels of academic achievement are unclear in the documentation provided.

For more detailed information on accommodations that can and cannot be made, concerned students must contact the Coordinator of Student Disability Services.