Choose Where, When and How to Complete Training
At the School of Continuing Education, we appreciate the dedication of the law enforcement professionals who serve us and our communities. And we’re proud to offer the skills training and recertification resources they may need for training credit.
Each Post University Police Recertification course is eligible for considerations of POST-C credit hours towards recertification.
There are no set training times—courses can be completed online, anytime, anywhere, and on just about any device. One more thing: Your first course of this police recertification training is on us, as our thank you for your service.
- Developed by highly-trained POST-C Certified Instructors
- Concise training segments for strong retention of material
- Interactive, app-like platform
- Available on desktop, tablet & mobile viewing devices
- “Stop & Go” as you please with on-demand course materials
- Complete courses within your regular work schedule
Cost Saving Benefits
- Competitive market pricing
- Volume discounts available
- Individual-based learning to reduce training days, overtime and scheduling conflicts
Consider the Benefits of Online Recertification
“If a police department is looking to send their police officers to a course and they want to save some financial resources, the Post Police Recertification training is the modality that you want to use because it is flexible, it is nimble, it is modern, it is progressive.”
– Salvatore Nesci, MPA, MBA
Police Recertification Program Coordinator and POST-C Certified Instructor
Watch the video to learn more.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Blue-on-Blue Police Encounters
- Civil Liability
- Conflict Management
- Constitutional Law
- Crimes Motivated by Bigotry & Bias
- Crowd Control/Civil Disorder
- Cultural Diversity and Awareness
- Domestic Violence
- Effective Communication
- Gang Investigations
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Housing Laws
- Impaired Driving
- Implicit Bias
- Juvenile Law/Dealing with Juveniles
- Law Enforcement and Citizens with Special Needs
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Police and the Public
- Problem Oriented Policing
- Procedural Justice
- Prostitution/Human Trafficking
- Rape Crisis
- Search and Seizure
- Stress Management
- Use of Force
- Weapons & Permits
Try the Complimentary Cultural Diversity and Awareness Course Today!
The School of Continuing Education is offering this as a complimentary first course. Cultural Diversity and Awareness is a self-paced training course that outlines the value and benefits of cultural awareness and diversity by examining key concepts such as mental models, prejudice, discrimination, cultural sensitivity, and effective communication.
This course meets the POST-C review training credit requirements as approved by Connecticut’s Police Officer Standards and Training Council, Field Services Training Division which provides in-service training to Connecticut certified police officers statewide.
Connecticut Police Officers whose Department is partnered with the School of Continuing Education’s Police Recertification program will receive an email with instructions to access your account and register for course(s). Individual Police Officer wanting to take courses, please go to:
Finish a course, register for new courses, or get course transcripts
Departments interested in partnering with the School of Continuing Education or individual officers wanting to learn more about our complimentary first course and other courses, let’s talk!
Contact us at [email protected]
Dawn C. Sherman, Ed. D.
Dean, School of Continuing Education
Amanda Nardozzi, Ph.D.
Director, Police Recertification Program
Program and Enrollment Coordinator