Master of Science in Nursing – Infection Prevention and Control Specialization
Make a Difference with a Master’s in Infection Control
American Sentinel is proud to now be a part of Post University!
This Master of Science in Nursing program is offered Online
There is no underestimating the value of highly skilled nurses in the fight against infectious agents. The value and necessity for these experts has never been higher. Are you ready to make a real difference in patient care as a nurse with expertise in infection prevention control?
Develop the expertise you need to improve patient safety from infection and disease. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Infection and Prevention Control from Post University’s American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Science.
The MSN in Infection Prevention and Control Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in less than 24 months
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited
- Two online learning modalities—earn your degree on your terms
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- Monthly start dates
- Developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options
We prepare graduates of this MSN infection disease program to:
- Apply principles of epidemiology to environmental risk assessment
- Develop a comprehensive infection prevention and control program
- Design a surveillance system
- Interpret infection control data
- Integrate roles as leaders and collaborators in various healthcare settings
- Use theoretical knowledge to guide advanced nursing practice
- Analyze models that expand the role of nurses in a global society
- Evaluate legislation, policies, and economics as applied to the current healthcare environment
- Appraise research to enhance professional nursing practice
Visit the University Catalog >> for Curriculum, Course Descriptions, and Program Outcomes.