Master of Science in Nursing – Infection Prevention and Control Specialization
Make a Difference with a Master’s in Infection Control Specialization
American Sentinel is proud to now be a part of Post University!
This Master of Science in Nursing program is offered Online
There is no underestimating the value of highly skilled nurses in the fight against infectious agents. The value and necessity for these experts has never been higher. Are you ready to make a real difference in patient care as a nurse with expertise in infection prevention control?
Develop the expertise you need to improve patient safety from infection and disease. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Infection and Prevention Control from Post University’s American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
The MSN in Infection Prevention and Control Specialization at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in less than 24 months
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) programmatically accredited
- Two online learning modalities—earn your degree on your terms
- 100% online coursework—no mandatory login times
- Monthly start dates
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options
We prepare graduates of this MSN with an infection disease specialization to:
- Apply principles of epidemiology to environmental risk assessment
- Develop a comprehensive infection prevention and control program
- Design a surveillance system
- Interpret infection control data
- Integrate roles as leaders and collaborators in various healthcare settings
- Use theoretical knowledge to guide advanced nursing practice
- Analyze models that expand the role of nurses in a global society
- Evaluate legislation, policies, and economics as applied to the current healthcare environment
- Appraise research to enhance professional nursing practice
Visit the University Catalog >> for Curriculum, Course Descriptions, and Program Outcomes.
Download your guide to learn everything you need to know about earning a Master of Science in Nursing online.
Earn Your Master of Science in Nursing on Your Terms
Take classes in a traditional term-based format with 8-week classes or through a self-paced format (during the 16-week semester) called Powered by SIMPath®. Both options’ coursework is 100% online with monthly start dates.
Watch our video to learn about our two MSN path options.
Start Your Master’s in Infection Control Today!
Contact us today. Let’s talk about what an online MSN with an Infection Prevention and Control Specialization can do for you and your career.