Master of Science in Higher Education Administration
Rise from the Ranks in Higher Education Administration
Learning is a lifelong process. Even educators must keep up to date with emerging trends, demographics, and methods and strategies for serving students in a range of formats. Prepare to meet the demands of the rapidly changing higher education landscape with an online master’s in higher education administration from Post University. Whether you’re seeking to enter or advance in the field, our program provides you with the specialized knowledge, skills and practical experience you need to lead institutions as a scholar and practitioner.
In this program, you will prepare to respond to the various challenges faced by higher education administrators today and in the future. Core coursework will explore leadership and change management theory, analysis of demographic trends, assessment and evaluation practices, delivery of all aspects of student services, and solving problems of practice. Through research-based projects and lively class discussions, you will:
- Identify and discuss the history, philosophy, and changes in trends in higher education
- Analyze and critique the policies and laws that shape and govern contemporary practices in institutions of higher education
- Develop the awareness and skills necessary to practice social justice and demonstrate cultural competency in higher education
- Evaluate and analyze ethical standards and decision-making practices as related to higher education administration
Following your studies, you will demonstrate mastery of educational research, planning, methodology and design as you work toward the completion of an applied project in your capstone courses.
|29||MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION TOTAL CREDITS||33 crs||h|
|30||M.S. Core Courses||12 crs||s|
|31||HEA505 Foundations & Emerging Trends in Higher Education||3 crs|
|32||HEA510 The New Post Secondary Student||3 crs|
|33||HEA515 Assessment and Evaluation||3 crs|
|34||HEA520 Leading Change in Higher Education||3 crs|
|35||M.S. Concentration Courses||12 crs||s|
|36||M.S. Capstone||9 crs||s|
|37||HEA687 Educational Research and Planning||3 crs|
|38||HEA688 Research Design and Methodology||3 crs|
The University reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The University will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Masters candidates will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the history, philosophy, and changes in trends in higher education.
- Analyze theories and approaches of leadership and change management as they apply to organizational needs and culture.
- Describe contemporary student populations and analyze demographic trends in postsecondary education.
- Analyze and critique the policies and laws that shape and govern contemporary practices in institutions of higher education.
- Develop the awareness and skills necessary to practice social justice and demonstrate cultural competency higher education.
- Evaluate and analyze ethical standards and decision making practices as related to higher education administration.
- Evaluate and apply effective solutions to professional problems of practice in higher education.
- Apply theories of educational research, planning, methodology, and design towards the completion of an applied project.
Higher Education Administration with a Concentration in Administrative Leadership Outcomes
- Identify, analyze, evaluate, and apply effective leadership approaches in the professional practice of higher education administration.
- Explain and apply the policies and laws that shape and govern contemporary higher education practices.
- Describe and discuss processes of institutional decision making with a particular focus on interpreting the roles and influences of a various stakeholders.
- Compare the changing roles of faculty in post-secondary education.
Higher Education Administration with a Concentration in Student Affairs Concentration Outcomes
- Define and describe the various functions of student affairs professionals and the impact of current issues on professional practices.
- Integrate key student development and leadership approaches into student affairs practices.
- Examine, discuss and integrate foundational concepts and theories of working with diverse student populations into professional practices.
- Relate the concepts of equity, bias, and ethical decision making to the laws that govern higher education practices.
At Post University, we understand many of our students are also working professionals, who need options and support to succeed in school. That’s why we offer 100 percent online courses to fit your schedule. We also offer fully online education programs that provide the same level of personal attention and investment in your goals. We offer one-on-one academic advising to assist you with any questions, help you customize your degree with a concentration, and help guide your pursuit in higher education jobs upon graduation.
Online MS in Higher Education Administration Concentrations
In this concentration, you will develop skills to serve as a leader and administrator in academic affairs. You will build a foundational knowledge of policy, politics and pressing issues; leadership in administrative services; organizational structure and governance; and the role of faculty in post-secondary education.
This concentration prepares you to serve as a leader and administrator in student affairs. Coursework will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the adult learner, multiculturalism, student leadership development, and law and ethics.
Lead change and enrich the lives of others, as well as your own. Contact us to enroll in Post University’s higher education administration online degree program today.