Doctor of Nursing Practice – Professional Leadership Specialization
Advance Your Role with Professional Leadership
This doctoral program is offered online.
Give your career some next-level care with training that helps your serve patient needs even better—leadership education. Pursue your online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Professional Leadership from American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University. It’s designed to help you take on the leadership roles to make an impact on your organization’s long-term ability to provide excellent patient care.
Our DNP in Professional Leadership program offers a core framework of leadership, business intelligence, finance, health policy, and health services research competencies. Then, rather than following a set curriculum path, this professional leadership in nursing program gives you the freedom to customize your education to your career goals. Plus, it’s programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), so you know the nursing leadership education you receive has met the highest standards of nursing training possible. This is the education—and the credential—necessary to pursue the healthcare management and entrepreneurial opportunities that interest you most.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in 28 months or less
- ACEN Accredited
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- Bi-monthly start dates
- No residency
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
DNP Program Curriculum
- Leadership: Setting the Example
- Health Services Research
- Health Statistics
- Advanced Statistics
- Strategic Leadership and Planning
- 7 elective courses
As you earn this Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, you’ll build the foundation of insights and practical skills necessary to:
- Appraise the needs of complex organizations as they go through strategic decision-making and change implementation.
- Critique roles of leaders and collaborators in planning, providing, and evaluating healthcare.
- Generate strategic plans for organizational change by utilizing theoretical knowledge, meaningful, data and evidence-based practice to while being culturally and ethnically sensitive
- Utilize evidence-based data and analytic methods to develop, implement and evaluate best practices to advance healthcare.
- Engage in complex, evidence-based advanced nursing practice and evaluate innovative approaches to care delivery for individuals, communities and populations.
Overall, you’ll cover a wide range of issues that impact nursing, clinical settings, and effective professional leadership in nursing operations. As a graduate, you’ll well equipped to succeed in management positions throughout the healthcare industry.
Start Your Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Today!
At Post University, we are focused on your success, in and out of the classroom. A Student Success Advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your questions and help you overcome any challenges throughout your DNP journey. We are here to help you achieve your DNP – Professional Leadership career goals.
Make the healthcare industry a better, healthier place and advance your nursing your leadership career. Learn more about our 100 percent online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program.