Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Accelerate Your Nursing Career at Post University
This program is offered Online.
You’ve dedicated your life to helping others as an RN. Now, expand your patient-care skills with a BSN degree from Post University. In this program, you will have the opportunity to build upon your professional knowledge and experience and advance your current nursing career to leadership and advocacy roles.
Nursing is an increasingly competitive field; a bachelor’s degree provides more opportunities for nursing jobs or career progression as hospitals, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and outpatient clinics and offices look to hire nurses with bachelor’s degrees. It also opens doors for professional certification or graduate studies.
Our RN to BSN completion program is designed for an associate degree or diploma-holding RNs like you who want to continue their education but need flexibility as practicing professionals. Courses are taught in an eight-week, 100 percent online format and center on:
- Leadership in contemporary patient care
- Cultural competency
- End-of-life care
- Population and community health nursing
- Clinical reasoning and ethical decision making
- Communication, teambuilding and collaborative strategies
Unlike other online nursing schools, our planned practice experiences are immersive. In each course, you will make real-life decisions and interact with colleagues and patients in a completely virtual context. At Post University, we understand the importance of personalized education, and we’re here to help you customize your nursing degree so that you can achieve your specific career goals. We offer 15 open electives and minors in Legal Studies, Emergency Management, Human Services, or Management and Leadership that can improve your skillset and further enhance your career or shift your area of specialty.
For Curriculum, Course Descriptions, and Program Outcomes visit the University Catalog >>
Mission and Goals of the Department of Nursing Education
To prepare students as professional registered nurses who have the 21st century nursing skills necessary to deliver innovative, evidence-based, patient-centered, and collaborative care to improve the well-being of diverse populations in local and global healthcare environments.
The goal of the undergraduate nursing program is to develop the following role dimensions of the professional nurse:
- Provider of Patient-Centered Care
- Leader of Care
- Member of a Profession
Admission to the RN to BSN Completion program requires the following:
- Submission of a completed application for admission.*
- Overall college cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 on a 4.00 point scale.
- Graduation from an approved registered nurse (RN) program; or enrolled in a nursing program preparing to become a registered nurse, and on track to graduate.
- An unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse, or evidence of RN licensure eligibility.
*Applicants of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) program must provide prior to admission the following additional information.
- Official transcripts as proof of graduation from an approved registered nurse (RN)
- Proof of an unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse that is verified through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Admission and retention in the nursing program requires:
- Maintaining an unrestricted, unencumbered license to practice as an RN throughout the duration of the program.
- Students who do not maintain a current unencumbered, unrestricted RN license will be dismissed from the program.
- Verification of a valid RN license is required to receive PLA credit for RN licensure (30 credits).
The following states have provided approval to offer the RN to BSN program.
District of Col.
Your search for an online RN to BSN program ends here, but your future is just beginning. Contact us to apply to Post University today to accelerate your nursing career.
Applicants must have an unencumbered (unrestricted) license to practice as a registered nurse or be able to demonstrate evidence of RN licensure eligibility.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) at Post University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Find Your Program
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.