Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
Score a Winning Career in Sport Management
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
You live for the rush of competitive sport. You strive to be the best, both on and off the field. Now turn that passion into a career with a sport management degree from Post University. Our graduates have been recruited for sports management jobs in athletic administration, sports marketing, ticket sales, game-day operations and community relations for a variety of professional sports organizations, amateur sports organizations and collegiate athletic conferences. There’s a team looking for someone like you.
Like any sport, you will begin your studies with the foundations, and then build your knowledge in specific areas, such as societal sport, sport administration, sport events and facility management, sport marketing, sport law, and sport economics. In each course, an emphasis is placed on:
- Adaption to change in sport management
- Integration of business concepts into sport management
- Global perspectives in sport management
- Business Ethics
|78||B.S. IN SPORT MANAGEMENT TOTAL CREDITS||120 crs||h|
|80||GENERAL EDUCATION||60 crs||h|
|81||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|82||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|83||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|84||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|85||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|86||LIBERAL ARTS||21 crs||s|
|87||History Elective||3 crs|
The University reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The University will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Adaption to Change in Sport Management – Students will demonstrate the ability to adapt to the changing sport management environment via strategic planning, creativity, and innovation.
- Integration of Business Concepts in Sport Management – Students will develop an ability to integrate concepts from various business disciplines and apply those concepts in the formulation of solutions to complex sport management issues and problems.
- Global Perspective in Sport Management – Students will develop a global perspective as it relates to the function of sport management in an increasingly multicultural and multinational world.
- Business Ethics – Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors and standards to contemporary business situations.
- Communication – Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts – Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Economics in a business environment.
- Sport Communication
- Sport Psychology
Before graduating, you will complete a capstone course and internship to gain valuable hands-on experience in sports management. Depending on your career aspirations, you may find opportunities with professional sports teams, collegiate and high school athletic departments, YMCAs, and Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
We take great pride in the capability of our faculty — who are highly academically qualified and extensively experienced in the industry — and our career-focused curriculum to prepare you for the next level. Unlike most sport management colleges, our sports management program is housed in our School of Business to provide you with the skills you need to succeed in the real world.
At Post University, our goal is to get you from the starting gate to the finish line, and we will support you every step of the way. Whether you attend classes at our Connecticut campus or online, you will receive unmatched personal attention throughout your educational journey.
Don’t miss your shot. Contact us to enroll in our on-campus or online sports management degree program today.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.