Academic Success Counselor
Post University is seeking an Academic Success Counselor (Full-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Academic Success Counselor (ASC) is a critical member of Post University’s student academic success and retention efforts for both online and regional site students. The ASC provides a consistent point of contact to a student from the time the student begins classes at the University to graduation. This person proactively builds a trusting and supportive relationship with new students at the beginning of a student’s studies and carries that relationship through to graduation. Through counseling and positive coaching, the ASC works with a student to overcome barriers impeding adult students from reaching their academic and career goals. The ASC is both a champion for student success and the University brand.
This is a remote position. Candidates will need to plug their equipment into their home router (50-foot ethernet cable will be provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 MB download speed and a 3 MB upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system. Please use the link provided to test your home network speed www.speedtest.net.
- Proactively develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with students that welcome them to our learning community, create bonds with the University, and ensure that students have a consistent student service resource.
- Communicate directly, effectively and often with all assigned students to keep them connected with us, informed, and engaged in an open conversation through to graduation; Leverage University technology systems to enhance relationships with students; Communicate positively and effectively with students by phone; Respond to student questions and requests promptly (typically same day) by telephone and email
- Advocate for student needs across all departments of the University; Actively and independently own and manage your student caseload
- Use University systems to track and assess how your assigned students are progressing towards graduation/completing their program and report these metrics to management regularly; Analyze student data from internal systems and external sources to create information that can be used by your team and management to improve the student experience and the services we provide
- Proactively and creatively work independently and as a member of the Academic Success Counselor team to identify barriers to students’ academic success and develop solutions that improve retention; Introduce and train students on University systems, (e.g., Web Registration and Blackboard)
- Accurately communicate and support University academic and University policies; Provides students with guidance related to academic progress, course selection, degree selection, and work/life/study issues.
- Coaches and offers counsel to students on strategies for success, ability to overcome hurdles/objections, and productive interactions with Post University.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required: master’s degree a plus.
- Engaging and dynamic phone presence; Excellent email communication skills; clear and concise writing ability a must
- Self-starter – shows initiative and demonstrates the ability work both independently and as a team member to achieve organizational goals, Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking; Dedicated to student success; Urgent driven; responsive to students and colleagues
- Ability to use and quickly learn existing and new technologies, including but not limited to, Blackboard, social media, CRM, Microsoft Office Products, etc.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to keep consistent contact with student caseload; Ability to connect and develop relationships with adult students; Holds themselves and colleagues to high ethical standards
- Creates a positive culture and environment through attitude and behavior
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management