Academic Success Counselor
Post University is seeking an Academic Success Counselor to join our team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Academic Success Counselor (ASC) is a critical member of Post University’s student academic success and retention efforts for online and/or regional site students. The ASC provides a consistent point of contact to a student from the time the student begins classes at the University to graduation. This person proactively builds a trusting and supportive relationship with new students at the beginning of a student’s studies and carries that relationship through to graduation. Through counseling and positive coaching, the ASC works with a student to overcome barriers impeding adult students from reaching their academic and career goals. The ASC is both a champion for student success and for the University brand.
- Proactively develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with students that welcome them to our learning community, create bonds with the University, and ensure that students have a consistent student service resource.
- Communicate directly, effectively and often with all assigned students to keep them connected with us, informed, and engaged in an open conversation through to graduation; Leverage University technology systems to enhance relationships with students; Communicate positively and effectively with students by phone; Respond to student questions and requests in a timely manner (typically same day) by phone and email
- Advocate for student needs across all departments of the University; Actively and independently own and manage your student caseload
- Use University systems to track and assess how your assigned students are progressing towards graduation/completing their program and report these metrics to management on a regular basis; Analyze student data from internal systems and external sources to create information that can be used by your team and management to improve the student experience and the services we provide
- Proactively and creatively work independently and as a member of the Academic Success Counselor team to identify barriers to students’ academic success and develop solutions that improve retention; Introduce and train students on University systems, (e.g. Web Registration and Blackboard)
- Accurately communicate and support University academic and University policies; Provides students with guidance related to academic progress, course selection, degree selection, and work/life/study issues.
- Coaches and offers counsel students on strategies for success, ability to overcome hurdles/objections, and efficient effective interactions with Post University.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required: master’s degree a plus.
- Engaging and dynamic phone presence; Excellent email communication skills; clear and succinct writing ability a must
- Self-starter – shows initiative and is able to work both independently and as a team member to achieve organizational goals, Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking; Dedicated to student success; Urgent driven; responsive to students and colleagues
- Ability to use and quickly learn existing and new technologies, including but not limited to Blackboard, social media, CRM, Microsoft Office Products, etc.
- Good organization skills and ability to keep consistent contact with student caseload; Ability to connect and develop relationships with adult students; Holds themselves and colleagues to high ethical standards
- Creates a positive culture and environment through attitude and behavior
- Ability to work Saturdays preferred.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management