Academic Success Specialist
Post University is currently seeking an Academic Success Specialist to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
When you join the team at Post, one thing becomes obvious: we are not like other Universities.
And that’s the way we like it.
We’ve been around since 1890. We’re the second largest university in Connecticut. We helped pioneer online learning for higher education. We have a history of educational excellence, revamping our curriculum, refining our methods and redefining ourselves – all to ensure we remain relevant to the educational needs and career aspirations of our students.
Our culture is perhaps best described as “entrepreneurial.” It’s understanding that we try things for a purpose, holding ourselves accountable without placing blame. We have the ambition, flexibility and pioneering spirit of a start-up … tempered by an understanding that innovation and change happen for a reason. We are constantly moving toward a goal.
The Office of the Provost at Post University is currently seeking a member to join our team as Academic Success Specialist. The Academic Success Specialist will work closely with the Assistant Dean for Academic Success and the Center for Academic Success Staff in managing students at risk for and on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Warning. Primary responsibilities include: guiding assigned group of students to achieve academic success, supporting at-risk students, and assisting with academic plan review to help all students meet their educational goals. The Academic Success Specialist will help maintain positive and encouraging faculty-student engagement, providing support and actionable feedback to the instructors, and helping the instructor to ensure that each student is having a fully-supported experience in online education. The focus of the Academic Success Specialist will be preventing SAP dismissals, student retention through the foundation course sequence and beyond, and identifying trends with engagement data assessment as it relates to SAP. While this position will focus on all students the priority will be with maintaining relationships with the First Year Experience students as they are defined as our most at-risk population for dismissal. This position reports directly to the Assistant Dean of Academic Success. A flexible work schedule is necessary as night and weekend work will be expected to best service our students.
- Collaborate with Academic Success Counselors, CAS staff, and Faculty in preventing SAP dismissals
- Assist with crafting communication regarding SAP and regularly updating for changes
- Monitor first year student’s records to ensure satisfactory progress towards academic plan and degree completion
- Assist with implementing intervention and referral strategies that promote student growth and success
- Positively impact student satisfaction, success rates, and retention
- Assist with instructional and design strategies that help faculty engage students in their learning (ex. Webinars, Student Resource Center Development)
- Participate in strategic reviews of foundational courses
- Provide ongoing support and trainings in relation to SAP policy, procedures, and appeals
- Attend necessary meetings in a consistent and participatory fashion
- Work with the Director of Assessment in developing assessment to gather data from students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders and evaluate ways we can prevent first year students from SAP warning
- Work on campus and in Post University areas on a full time basis-time will be split between Main Campus and Downtown Howland Hughes (ADP)
- Maintain an effective and efficient working relationship with all participants of the course, program, school, and University
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional setting
- Background in online education and familiarity with online learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, required
- Experience with Blackboard or similar Learning Management System required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with Campus Nexus Student and CRM
- Proficiency in data analytics and reporting
- Student-focused approach
- Positive attitude and leadership ability
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive and effective manner
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Higher Education Administration Preferred
- Experience teaching in a traditional and online higher education environment
- Experience managing and/or leading a team toward goal achievement
- Prior experience in higher education involving scholarly activities, course design, course review
- Understanding and practical experience with Adult Learners in online setting
- Prior experience in writing and tutoring services specifically servicing adult learners, athletes and diverse populations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The expectations listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management