Accounts Payable Associate
Post University is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Financial Operations & Reporting team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University currently offers the option to work a hybrid schedule in this position, with some days in the Waterbury, CT office and others working remotely. To work from home, candidates will need to plug their equipment into their home router (a 50-foot ethernet cable provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 Mb download speed and a 3 Mb upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
We are searching for an Accounts Payable Associate who is an excellent multi-tasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. This individual can expect to perform duties within the Financial Operations & Reporting (F.O.R.) department to support its Accounts Payable function. The A/P Associate must be thorough and accurate with good research and problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role, the candidate should understand and be able to apply best practices in the area of accounts payable processing, as well as strong technology skills, particularly strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES (this list may change according to organizational needs):
- Process invoices into accounting system, including verifying amounts payable, matching to internal documentation
- Provide support and customer service to internal business partners
- Classify documents with the proper expenditure codes and accounting codes, applying knowledge of A/P practices
- Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
- Correspond with vendors, manage W-9 acquisition and posting, and respond to inquiries
- Evaluate and reconcile all vendor statements and manage all inquiries
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Manage and ensure vendor receives 1099 forms and resolve all issues
- Provide support during internal and external audits
- Carry out additional projects as assigned/required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance preferred
- Prior accounts payable experience preferred; experience within higher education a plus
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to keep, maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to adhere to, accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly in Excel) and accounting software (MS Dynamics a plus)
- Ability to be flexible, adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment, maintaining professionalism and strong ethical code
- Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain motivated and positive, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to fostering the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management