Assistant Baseball Coach – Full Time
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of the Assistant Coach – Baseball (Full Time).
The Assistant Coach must have a strong commitment to following all Post University Policies and Procedures as they relate to athletic training, uniforms, equipment, financial reporting, and compliance. The assistant coach is responsible for recording and turning in all compliance paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to recruiting logs, financial aid/NLI request forms and playing and practice records.
Post University always expects its coaches and student athletes to represent the school in a positive manner. The Assistant Coach is always required to exhibit superior sportsmanship and set the example for the best possible game environment. The NCAA, CACC, and Post University sportsmanship guidelines and code of conduct must always be adhered to by the Assistant Coach.
The Assistant Coach may be responsible for driving the team van to and from contests as well as pre-season practice or tournaments. Attendance is required at the annual athletic awards banquet, any CACC conference meetings, any and all all-star balloting or voting meetings, and all Post University Athletic Department meetings.
Post University is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the CACC Conference. The Assistant Coach – Baseball is responsible for helping the Head Coach in providing leadership, vision, and strategic planning for their Post University Athletic Team. The main role of the Assistant Coach is to support the head coach with certain responsibilities that can include the following:
- Coach / develop an assigned player group. Candidate must have relative coaching or playing experience in the assigned area
- Develop the daily practice plan in conjunction with the Head Coach
- Implement Rapsodo pitching or hitting unit to aid with player development
- Utilize our in-game video system (Synergy) to assist with scouting, player development, and recruiting.
- Organize, track, and improve metrics of relative data for position players or pitchers
- Oversee all strength training workouts and work in conjunction with the strength staff to develop strength training and mobility programs for our student-athletes
- Identify potential prospects
- Travel to evaluate potential prospects play in game
- Contact potential recruits and gain their interest in Post University Baseball
- Set up on campus visits and be present for them
- Communicate with the Head Coach about recruits
- Abide by the recruiting philosophy set by the Head Coach
- Create reports in the template that the Head Coach provides.
- Complete a pre-game and post-game scouting report on each opponent.
- Reports must be completed in the deadline provided by the Head Coach
- Aid in all fundraising activities of the athletic department / baseball program
- Develop CARA reports for all players in the program
- Contribute to pre-practice setup and post-practice cleanup
- Assist with the organization of equipment
- Help with washing uniforms and loops
- Coordinate team meals when necessary
- Ensure all equipment is transported to and from practice / competition site
- Comply with all NCAA rules and regulations
- Be on time for all job-related activities
- Dress in proper attire for games, practices, and recruiting functions
- Meet deadlines when requested
- Handle all tasks with respect and consideration for others
- Comply with instructions given by all supervisors
- Additional tasks to be assigned throughout the year
Please send resume, cover letter, and reference list when applying
Job Type: Full-time
- coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- baseball: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and collegiate coaching and/or playing experience required.
- Familiarity with Fast Draw, Microsoft Office, Synergy and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management