Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the CACC Conference. The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for helping the Head Coach in providing leadership, vision, and strategic planning for their Post University Athletic Team. The main role of the Assistant Coach is to support the head coach with certain responsibilities that can include the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach with on and off the court coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring of the strength and conditioning programs.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussions between the Head Coach, Athletic Director and the prospective successful candidate.
- Pass school driving test, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience preferred.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 131-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management