Assistant Coach Strength & Conditioning (Part-time)
Post University is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach – Strength & Conditioning (Part-time, Waterbury, CT) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University is seeking a part-time Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach to join its expanding athletic staff. This position will be responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing successful year-round sport-specific strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports programs. This includes, but is not limited to, design, implementation, and supervision of all strength, speed, agility, and conditioning programs for assigned teams, upkeep of the weight room facility while adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, and conference affiliations and the NCAA. This position is located in Waterbury, CT.
- Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach assists in planning and directing student-athletes sport-specific strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports programs.
- Assists players in reaching the highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills.
- Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a specified sport.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years as a strength and conditioning coach in intercollegiate athletics or professional team setting preferred.
- Strong background in weight room organization and management, knowledge of nutrition preferred.
- Appropriate strength & conditioning certification (CSCS or SCCC) is required or attainable within 30 days of hire.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management