Assistant Coach – Tennis (Part-time)
Post University is seeking an Assistant Coach, Tennis (part-time) to join our growing team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Assists in planning and directing training of student athletes and assesses individuals’ abilities and skill level to determine appropriate team position. Assists players in reaching highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the sport of tennis. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach in monitoring the strength and conditioning programs
- Assist the head coach with on and off court coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Primary responsibility – coaching /recruiting/mentoring
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Provide input in the evaluation and improvement of our student-athletes.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with scouting opponents.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties will be assigned within the Athletics Department and at the discretion of the Director of Athletics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management