Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball (Part-time)
Post University is seeking an energetic and dynamic leader for Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball.
Do you have a passion for student success both in the game and in the classroom?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
JOB SUMMARY: Part-time position
Reporting to the Head Coach – Women’s Basketball, the Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball assists in planning and directing training of student athletes, and assesses individuals’ abilities and skill level to determine appropriate team position. Assists players in reaching highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Women’s Basketball. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach in monitoring of the strength and conditioning programs
- Assist the head coach with on and off court coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Provide input in the evaluation and improvement of our student-athletes.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with scouting opponents.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussions between the Head Coach, Athletic Director and the prospective successful candidate.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Synergy and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management