Assistant Coach – Women’s Lacrosse (Part-time)
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach (Part-time) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “ We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach assists in planning and directing the training of student-athletes and assesses individuals’ abilities and skill levels to determine appropriate team positions. Assists players in reaching the highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Women’s Lacrosse. It relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. This is a part-time position that requires work on nights and weekends and regular travel (both recruiting and team travel).
- Assist the head coach in the monitoring of the strength and conditioning programs
- Assist the head coach with on and off-field coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off-campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls, and other duties.
- Provide input in the evaluation and improvement of our student-athletes.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with scouting opponents.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the overall athletic department fundraising and development program framework.
- The successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties can be assigned based on discussions between the Head Coach, Athletic Director, and the prospective successful candidate.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Synergy, and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes, and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management