Assistant Director, Center for Academic Success
Post University is seeking a full time Assistant Director, Center for Academic Success to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) at Post University is currently seeking a member to join our team as the assistant director of the CAS. The Assistant director will work closely with the Director CAS in managing students at risk for and on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Warning and day-to-day operations of the CAS. The Assistant Director will help maintain positive and encouraging faculty-student engagement, providing support and actionable feedback to the instructors, and helping the instructor to ensure that each student is having a fully-supported experience. A flexible work schedule is necessary as night and weekend work will be expected to best service our students in both online and on ground. This position reports directly to the Director of the Center for Academic Success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct individual tutoring sessions, in person, through email, or via telephone for ADP and Main Campus students.
- Conduct individual and small group tutoring sessions for main campus and ADP students.
- Provide classroom support in Undergraduate level classes.
- Promote and support the University policies on plagiarism and use of APA format.
- Represent CAS at student orientations, in-class visits, and campus-wide events.
- Maintain and create online resources.
- Assist in keeping CAS running efficiently.
- Refer students to other Post University resources when needed.
- Keep and report tutoring records.
- Works directly to support students on SAP Warning and SAP Review status through interventions.
- Develops services, programs and activities in support of academically at risk student populations
- Collaborate with Academic Success Counselors, CAS staff, and Faculty in preventing SAP dismissals
- Assist with crafting communication regarding SAP and regularly updating for changes
- Assist with implementing intervention and referral strategies that promote student growth and success
- Positively impact student satisfaction, success rates, and retention
- Assist with instructional and design strategies that help faculty engage students in their learning (ex. Webinars, Student Resource Center Development)
- Provide ongoing support and trainings in relation to SAP policy, procedures and appeals
- Attend necessary meetings in a consistent and participatory fashion
- Work on campus and in Post University areas on a full time basis
- Maintain an effective and efficient working relationship with all participants of the course, program, school, and University
- Assist, as needed, on administrative assignments or projects in conjunction with the Director of CAS
- Hire, train and supervise lab assistants and tutors (both peer and professional).
- Provide supervisory support (in the absence of the director) to all P.T. CAS tutors and student staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required
- Background in online education and familiarity with online learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, required
- Experience with Blackboard or similar Learning Management System required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with Campus Nexus systems
- Proficiency in data analytics and reporting
- Student-focused approach
- Positive attitude and leadership ability
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive and effective manner
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional setting
- Experience teaching in a traditional higher education classroom
- Experience teaching in an online higher education classroom preferred
- Experience managing and/or leading a team toward goal achievement
- Prior experience in higher education involving scholarly activities, course design, course review
- Understanding and practical experience with Adult Learners in online setting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The expectations listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management