Assistant Director of Career Services
Post University is seeking n Assistant Director of Career Services (Full-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Assistant Director of the Career & Professional Development Center (CCPD) will work under the general direction of the Director of the Career & Professional Development Center at Post University, to plan and organize career development and experiential learning activities for undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni. These activities may include providing individual advising, career education programs, classes, workshops, career fairs, alumni mentoring, and career research. This position will work to provide a comprehensive workforce ready student development program which serves all majors. This position is on Post’s main campus and is not a remote opportunity.
- Serve as the assistant administrator for career services.
- Provide individual career advising and support services to students enrolled at the University, including career assessment, internship and job search, resume writing, letter writing, interviewing skills and mock interviews, and other services to support student career opportunities.
- Participate in required certification training as directed by the Director of the CCPD.
- Prepare and present student workshops on career related topics for the main campus and collaborate with Marketing to create webinars for the online students.
- Research Career Services best practices and advise the department for continuous improvement; identify and report on employment and salary trends, and on the job skills sought by employers.
- Develop and maintain the career services website.
- Guide students and alumni in the preparation of effective credentials, related letters, and documents for job-search activities.
- Plan and execute numerous campus-wide career-related seminars, job fairs and workshops for the job-search.
- Serve as a contact for speakers, special-topic presenters, and panelists for job-search and related workforce readiness presentations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and other offices to promote the Career Services Office and communicate events and position postings.
- Represent the university and career services at assigned regional or national professional association conferences and professional development workshops.
- Represent career services on assigned intra-university committees.
- Perform other duties assigned by the director to ensure the success of career services on behalf of the university and its students and alumni.
Supervises internship students, part-time educational assistants, and student workers as assigned.
This position requires a flexible schedule with some evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the CCPD.
Master’s degree in a career-related or other relevant academic discipline.
Minimum of six (6) years of experience in a complex career services organization or corporate college relations, recruitment, and/or professional staffing role.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Current knowledge of job market, occupational outcomes of a variety of disciplines, and knowledge of career guidance and job search tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Handshake, ONet and Occupatioinal Outlook Handbook (OOH).
- Must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity.
- Ability to respect confidentially and ethical boundaries with regards to guidelines, supervision and professional consultant within the University.
- Excellent verbal, advising and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills incorporating current technology.
- Experience with LinkedIn, Handshake, ONet).
- Experience in guiding and teaching the writing of resumes and cover letters, interview preparation and job search strategies.
- Experience with marketing programs and presentation and graphic design tools (e.g., Canva, PowerPoint).
- Experience with assessment methodologies and data analysis.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to connect with a blended community of students (traditional aged, online adult learners, undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and champion diverse populations to support the university’s DEI commitment.
- Excellent time management skills.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management