Post University is seeking an Assistant Registrar to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Under general supervision of the University Registrar, this position is responsible for the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office as it applies to student records. This position is also responsible for curriculum changes to academic programs and represents the Registrar in matters related to these changes. In addition, this position will be the key alongside the Registrar in streamlining processes as it relates to the office and how it impacts the University.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the student database as it applies to student degree completion.
- Responsible for managing data entry of student information as it relates to majors and degree completion.
- Maintains academic degree requirements in the Degree Audit System.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of periodic reports.
- Assists the University Registrar with degree conferral processing.
- Assists the Associate Registrar with the University’s database by completing periodic data clean up and resolves issues related to the database information accuracy.
- Evaluates student transcripts, degree audits and institution catalogs for graduation eligibility.
- Manage the degree audits for juniors and seniors for credit standing and graduation requirements.
- Serves as the primary contact person as it relates to student degree requirements.
- Provides direction to students, faculty and staff as it relates to the graduation and degree completion process.
- Promotes policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations; including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); advises University staff regarding the development and implementation of responses to regulatory changes.
- Represents the Registrar at Curriculum meetings
- Responsible for the academic data for the commencement booklet.
- Responsible for compiling the data necessary for the University Honor Societies.
- Responsible for the data collection for Dean’s and President’s Lists.
- Directs communications with students regarding graduation and ceremony participation.
- Maintains graduation applications in the SIS and determines eligibility.
- Serves on the petition committee representing the Registrar’s Office.
- Leads the implementation of Parchment for mailing transcripts and diplomas
- Leads the digitalization for archived records
- Other duties assigned by the Registrar.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and weekend hours as needed to meet the operational needs of the Office.
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a supportive, calm, service-oriented demeanor when dealing with students, faculty and staff.
- Serves on committees as needed. Attends campus events such as graduation and open house.
- Supervises support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES:
- Master’s degree required.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in higher education, experience in degree audit review preferred.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel
- Possesses understanding of student records policies and FERPA.
- Excellent phone, email and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Problem solver; is a solutions-oriented person.
- Energetic and goal-oriented; strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Database management skills including report writing, ability to import data, maintain records, and generate reports using extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred knowledge in working with Campus Nexus Student.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management