Assistant Softball Coach – Pitching Coach (Part-time)
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Assistant Softball Coach – Pitching Coach (Part-time) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Assistant Softball Coach assists in planning and directing the training of student-athletes and assesses individuals’ abilities and skill levels to determine appropriate team positions. They coach and motivate the players to reach the highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Softball. Working under general supervision, this candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently when appropriate. They must understand and comply with all NCAA Division II and CACC rules and regulations, be adaptable to a changing workday schedule, work odd hours and weekends, and have excellent organization & communication skills. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Assist the Head Coach with day-to-day program operations (including, but not limited to, checking class attendance, budget reporting, travel planning)
- Serve as pitching coach- assist with the development of the pitchers and heavy focus on pitchers technique.
- Assist with practice planning
- Assist with Study Hall
- Assist with on and off-campus recruiting such as working camps, being present for recruit visits, coordinating student-athlete admissions with the enrollment office, etc.
- Coordinate posts for program social media accounts in conjunction with the athletic department social media coordinator to maintain an active presence
- Must have the ability to travel and recruit student-athletes.
- Must comply and be familiar with all policies and regulations of Post University, the CACC, and NCAA Division II.
- Possess the ability to motivate student-athletes to meet and exceed their potential success.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred.
- Previous coaching/ playing experiences at the collegiate level with pitching are preferred.
- Valid driver license.
- Possess a proven record of integrity, high principles, and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student-athletes academically and athletically.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
- Proven experience at working in a collaborative matrix environment where individuals and teams are reliant upon each other for their collective success regardless of reporting structure
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 131-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management