Associate Faculty – English (On Campus)
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Associate Faculty-English on Post University’s Waterbury campus.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks, and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same, unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
Candidates for Associate Faculty (adjunct instructor position) in English would join a strong team of dedicated professionals at Post University. The Associate Faculty would be required to:
- Teach 16-week course(s) on campus professionally and innovatively.
- Instruct in the morning and/or afternoon classes.
- Be comfortable teaching using classroom technology and facilitating classroom discussion using interactive media.
- Adhere to Post University and English Department Instructor Expectations.
- Grade weekly assignments with detailed feedback and answer student/departmental communications within 24 hours.
- Promote critical thinking within the classroom and in assignment feedback.
- Engage professionally and civilly with a diverse campus environment, including students, colleagues, and community members.
- Be proficient in APA style, Blackboard, and other computer programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ph.D. in English or MFA in Writing preferred. M.A. in English or Education required. A degree from an English-related field will be considered.
- Previous adjunct teaching experience in higher education is preferred.
- Ability to meet departmental standards as well as be open to feedback.
- Ability to use Blackboard as well as complete all required training.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume/C.V., and three references.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 131-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management