Associate Faculty – Human Resource Management (Main Campus)
Post University is currently accepting applications for Associate Faculty – Human Resource Management (Main Campus) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
POSITION SUMMARY & SCOPE:
At Post University, our Associate Faculty are dynamic, professional educators. They skillfully engage with students through delivery of exceptional, personalized learning and student coaching experiences that add unique value in helping students fulfill their career goals. Associate Faculty provide wholehearted investment in students’ future through their caring time, talents, expertise and energy. This position shares equal accountability for each student’s success which explains why the position is not referred to as ‘adjunct’. Our Associate Faculty are a vital and valued part of our students’ learning experience and our Academic Affairs team. In the Human Resource Management program, this position will support student learning in the assigned courses. This is a part-time position located on Post’s main campus in Waterbury, CT, and is not a remote opportunity.
- Provides amazing service to students in and out of the classroom through engaging classroom instruction in alignment with Post University’s Associate Faculty expectations.
- Develops and carries out “best case” student-related solutions through cross functional collaboration.
- Maintains subject matter expertise through meaningful self-development initiatives.
- Enhances the Post brand in the marketplace through consistent service excellence to students.
- Adheres to all Post best practices protocols, policies, procedures and applicable laws or regulations while performing this role.
- Nurtures creditable student relations through highest quality student evaluations.
- Other expectations are assigned and completed on a discretionary basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Master’s Degree in human resources, labor relations, industrial relations, or a directly related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in the specialty field at the graduate/post-graduate level. Directly related doctoral level degree desired.
- Substantive college teaching experience (two or more years) required. Ability to teach students in person, at the Post University main campus location in Waterbury, CT.
- Experience using Blackboard preferred
- Desire to experience 21st century models of teaching and learning
- Experience in online teaching a plus
- Passionate and amazing customer service to others.
- Possess unquestionable integrity and work ethic.
- Has superior relationship building skills with students or other associates.
- Demonstrates affinity for the mission of higher education.
- Has computer and systems’ usage competency.
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
METRICS MAY INCLUDE
- Graduation Rates
- Student Drops
- Student Satisfaction Results
This job is light manual work in nature. Some physical requirements include:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- At times, must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Limited travel may be necessary
Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume or CV, and references. Please submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts with your application.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management