Associate Program Chair for Criminal Justice
Post University is seeking an Associate Program Chair for Criminal Justice to join our passionate team of faculty.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Associate Program Chair (Assoc. PC) is a full-time position, integral to the University’s mission. The Assoc. PC’s key functions are to assist the Program Chair (PC) in supporting academic excellence and student success through oversight of Associate Faculty, course quality, and teaching. Assoc. PCs are accountable for program student retention and will ensure that AFs are meeting expectations for engagement and are in compliance with university and program policies and procedures. Assoc. PC’s will assist in course and program development under the direction of the PC. The Assoc. PC will lead in areas agreed upon by the PC and Assistant Dean.
- Ensure instructors are meeting university and program expectations, adhering to academic policies, and are creating an engaging environment that promotes student retention, in association with the AF Team Leads and the Asst. Dean
- Provide student engagement and instructor performance reports to the PC and/or Asst. Dean/Dean, as needed
- Review course evaluation surveys and other feedback for continuous improvement of instructor effectiveness
- Collaborate with Academic Success Counselors (ASCs), advisors, and other departments accountable for student retention and success
- Assist with recruiting, training, and mentoring Associate Faculty
Course Quality, Curriculum Development, and Assessment
- Review Criminal Justice courses in the program to ensure that they are relevant, current, and engaging
- Review course evaluation surveys and other feedback for quality and consistency in assigned courses
- Prepare assigned master courses prior to the start of academic terms, if not completed by the AF Team Lead and Asst. Dean’s Office
- Assist PC with designing, implementing, and reviewing Assessment of Program and General Education Student Learning Outcomes as needed
- Assist PC with course development and redevelopment to improve student experience and student learning based on outcome assessment results
- The Assoc. PC will be expected to teach 8 courses (24 credits) within an academic year, but the teaching load can be reduced through the PC, with approval from the Dean/Asst. Dean depending on the nature of other assigned projects.
- Participate in University Senate governance
- Participate in weekly program meetings, as well as additional assigned meetings and activities
- Assist with accreditation and certification activities as needed
- Assist with transfer evaluations of potential new students
- Other duties assigned by the PC and/or Asst. Dean/Dean
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree required, relevant doctoral degree preferred
- Student-focused approach
- Positive attitude and leadership ability
- Professional experience in the Criminal Justice System or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs required
- Experience with Blackboard or similar Learning Management Systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience teaching in the traditional classroom and/or online strongly preferred
- Prior development of undergraduate courses strongly preferred
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching or course programs preferred
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution
Applicants should provide a cover letter and references.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management