Business Development Manager – Atlanta, GA
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Business Development Manager – Atlanta, GA to join our growing team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Our Partner Engagement Manager is a business development role, that will establish and develop innovative partnerships with within healthcare and other industries to promote our degree programs.
This unique role requires a passion to support the educational goals and directives of our partners through promotion, outreach, marketing, and onsite activities, while representing a fast-growing, established leader in online education. By utilizing the marketing support and leadership designed to ensure your success, you will cultivate strong relationships with industry leaders to develop strategic opportunities for growth.
Your exceptional relationship building and people skills, along with your intuitive nature to uncover strategic opportunities for both partner and organizational success, will be incredibly valuable as you represent the organization at a variety of engagements, including job fairs, orientations, regional and national conferences, “lunch and learns” and other meetings/events.
We are looking for a self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual to help us continue our unmatched support of our partners and position American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Post University as the desired destination for healthcare industry professionals to continue their education. The PEM will work with a group of focused and passionate individuals that share the same goals while leveraging our knowledge and experience within the higher education and nursing industry.
Territory: Atlanta, GA
- Procure new organizational partnerships and maintain/develop assigned existing relationships
- Meet with current and prospective partners to understand their goals and develop student facing activities that support those goals
- Meet and exceed monthly event and lead goals within assigned partnership base
- Develop and attend events to market programs, develop inquires, referrals, generate word-of-mouth advertising, and deepen/expand relationships
- Maintain and document activity in CRM, maintain a consistent pipeline of prospective opportunities for partnership, and adhere to all internal requirements for documentation, processes, and regulatory requirements
- Completes other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the drive commonly required to be successful in sales, an altruistic personality, an understanding that organizational success is a direct result of our partner’s success, and the ability to uncover, recognize, and seize upon strategic opportunities that present themselves during the course of partner conversations/interactions. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You currently reside in a major metropolitan area within assigned territory.
- BA/BS in a directly relevant discipline – master’s degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience, including managing a sales process.
- 2+ years providing educational services and benefits – within healthcare is a plus.
- You have or can establish strong relationships within healthcare and other key industries.
- Motivated, ambitious, and energetic, with a service mindset, and capable of strategic, logical thought.
- Experience presenting to and interacting with audiences at all levels, especially senior executives.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have an appealing personality and are capable of quickly building rapport and inspiring trust, naturally effective when interacting with a wide variety of people in individual and group environments.
- You are flexible and adaptable, recognized as a team player who enjoys collaboration and sharing successes, and possesses a very high degree of integrity.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships via cold-calling, face-to-face interactions, phone outreach, professional/social networking and written communication.
- Proven ability to identify, pursue and develop relationships with public and private corporations, professional and trade associations, governmental agencies, NGOs, etc. that would benefit by having a partnership with our organization.
- Ensure continuous management and maintenance of multiple level relationships within prospective organizations to pursue new business growth opportunities.
- You are a highly proficient networker, able to develop and retain diverse and extensive networks up, down and across both internal and external organizations.
- Possess a high level of proficiency of Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint; proficient in Excel, Microsoft BI
- Possess a high level of proficiency with online collaborative presentation tools (Zoom, MS Teams, gotomeeting, etc.)
- Must be able to travel within territory (up to 70%), and to conferences as needed (10%)
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management