Main Campus Admissions Advisor
Post University is currently accepting applications for Main Campus Admissions Advisors (Waterbury, CT) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Main Campus Admissions Advisor is responsible for new student recruitment and admission to Post University’s main campus programs. This person will work with prospective students who have confirmed their interest in attending Post University and coordinate with other enrollment team members to assist prospective students through the admissions process and ensure that every student has an extraordinary and personalized admissions experience. This role requires excellent communication, presentation, organizational, listening, and customer service skills. This position is located in Waterbury, CT.
- Understand and communicate the values of a Post University education.
- Conduct Professional College Advisory Sessions with the intent to help prospective students identify their interests and choose a degree program that fits each student’s individual personal and career goals.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation
- Follow up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the enrollment process.
- Work collaboratively with the Offices of Student Finance, Student Information, Student Life, Advising, and other departments to assist main campus students with their enrollment needs.
- Work collaboratively with academic advising, faculty, and other departments to identify students prone to academic and personal struggles that may serve as obstacles to student success and assist students in overcoming said obstacles.
- Meet and ideally exceed established team and individual enrollment goals.
- Participate in weekly team and floor-wide meetings to address best sales practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Foster the University culture to Make it personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all faculty, associates, and students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education admissions and recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Prior customer service and sales experience are a plus.
- Superior relationship building, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet applications, and database software are required, preferably Campus Nexus expertise.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, objected-focused environment.
- Must possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work weekend hours.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management