Center for Career and Professional Development – Office Coordinator
Post University is seeking a Center for Career and Professional Development- Office Coordinator (Part-Time) to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
This is a part-time (up to 29 hours per week), 12-month position which reports to the Associate Director of Career Services.
- Provide general information and support to walk-in students, alumni, employers and others, about Center for Career and Professional Development
- Oversee the CCPD online job board, including verification and registration of students, alumni and employers
- Prepare and analyze reports, as requested.
- Respond to and follow up with employers via phone, email and in-person regarding hiring needs
- Exercise good judgement in communicating with and approving employers and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Maintain all social media accounts including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite
- Assist with annual projects and reports such as the alumni career survey, various career resources, operating procedure updates, annual reports and internship reports
- Handle incoming calls and emails, mail distribution, maintain select office equipment, and perform general administrative functions
- Represent Career Development at large events such as the annual career fair, Accepted Students Day, Admissions events
- Work with Academic IT to arrange technical support for large events
- Coordinate office duties, emails and student worker schedule
- Weekend and Evening responsibilities.
- Other duties appropriately assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; 2-3 years’ professional experience in an administrative support role, preferably in career-services, higher education preferred
- Ability to handle high volume requests via email, phone and in-person and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; attention to detail and resourcefulness
- Professional writing and communication skills, articulate phone manner
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel, Google Drive, internet research, social media marketing
- Must be able to quickly learn and utilize multiple web applications including; Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, YouTube Playlist, and others as needed
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management