This is a part-time opportunity open exclusively to Post University students.
Description of Duties:
The Community Assistant (CA) is responsible for assisting the Residence Director in the overall management, programming, health and safety, and community development of an area that houses approximately 185 resident students. The Community Assistant will report directly to the Residence Director, live on-campus, and may directly supervise 3-7 supporting staff members while also serving on the Professional Staff on-call rotation.
- Assist in the supervision, advisement, and hiring of the Resident Assistants (RA)
- Attend area staff meetings weekly to discuss: hall concerns and exchange information with staff
- Assist with the opening and closings of the residence halls each semester which includes issuing and collecting keys
- Report unsafe maintenance concerns and following up on student concerns
- Coordinate and provide leadership advice and encouragement for developmental, educational, social, community service, and diversity programs in the residence halls
- Provide crisis intervention and other referral services for residents to curtail student conduct
- Assist the Office of Residence Life in monthly Health and Safety room checks and any conduct concerns related to room checks
- Support in the planning, implementation, evaluation of programming and staff development
- Supervise and advise committees as requested
- Attend, and participate in Department of Student Life staff meetings
- Schedule 15 office hours per week. Availability during these times is a priority. The Office of Residence Life has the ability to request for additional hours as needed and necessary. Must adhere to a compatible work schedule established and agreed upon by the Residence Director
- Serve in the Professional Staff Member on-call rotation. As well as handle emergency situations as they occur, utilizing crisis intervention skills and resources.
- Assist in Homecoming, Open House, Accepted Students Day, Eagle Fest, and any other campus wide event that the Department of Student Life plays a role in
- Community Assistant is responsible for adhering to all policies and regulations set by the University and Office of Residence Life
- Perform other job – related duties as assigned
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management