Community Assistant (Part-time)
Post University is seeking a Community Assistant (Part-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The individual will report directly to the Community Director. The Community Assistant (CA) is responsible for assisting the Community Director in the overall management, programming, health and safety, and community development. The Community Assistant will live on-campus and may directly supervise supporting staff members while also serving on the Professional Staff on-call rotation.
- Assist in the supervision and advisement of the Resident Assistants (RA)
- Attend area staff meetings every week to discuss: hall concerns and exchange information with staff
- Assist with the opening and closings of the residence halls each semester.
- Assist the Community Director by reporting unsafe maintenance concerns and following up on student complaints
- Coordinate and provide leadership advice and encouragement for developmental, educational, social, community service, and diversity programs in the residence halls
- Provide crisis intervention and other referral services for residents to curtail student conduct
- Assist in the Office of Residence Life operations. Must adhere to a compatible work schedule established and agreed upon by the Community Director
- Assist the Office of Residence Life in monthly Health and Safety room checks and any conduct concerns related to room checks
- Assist in the planning implementation of, and evaluation of programming and staff development
- Supervise and advise committees as requested, attend, and participate in Department of Student Life staff meetings
- Schedule 29.5 office hours per week. Availability during these times must take priority.
- Serve in the Professional Staff Member on-call rotation. As well as handle emergency situations as they occur, utilizing crisis intervention skills and resources.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required, knowledge of community development and wellness concepts, and teamwork. Understanding and commitment to a multicultural living/learning environment is required.
The Community Assistant will be provided with a furnished apartment during the school year with cable and Wi-Fi included, $20.00 per month laundry stipend, $50.00 per month cell phone stipend, and dining when students are on campus, and 50% off tuition benefit.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management