Community Director, Engagement & Leadership – Student Life
Post University is seeking a Community Director, Engagement & Leadership- Student Life to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Under supervision of the Dean of Students, the Community Director of Engagement & Leadership serves as a full-time 12-month live-in professional responsible for the vision and operation of a student leadership organization and multiple residential area housing.
- Supervise resident assistants
- Oversee a large student leadership organization for all students online and on campus
- Promotes an atmosphere of quality interaction, shared accountability, and civic responsibility within the residence hall and university community
- Oversees the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programming offered by resident assistants
- Participates in residence life on-call rotation and serves as primary contact for emergencies
- Encourages student accountability for the Student Code of Conduct by serving as a hearing officer for students referred for policy violations, determines responsibility, and sanctions appropriately
- Experience working with diverse populations or educating students on issues related to diversity and inclusion
- Create and facilitate staff training
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity
- Must be a self-started and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team
- Ability to respect confidentially and ethical boundaries with regards to guidelines, supervision and professional consultant within the Student Development division
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous residence hall management (Preferred)
- Advising student leadership organization
The Community Director for Housing and Operations will be provided with a furnished apartment during the school year with cable and Wi-Fi included, $15.00 per month laundry stipend, $50.00 per month cell phone stipend, full meal plan, open dining when students are on campus, and free gym membership at Catalyst Fitness.
Post University has a partner and pet policy: a partner must be cleared through a background check as well as sign an agreement. Pets meeting the following criteria are allowed: 1 dog up to 40 lbs. or 2 cats with vet documentation. A $300.00 security deposit is required which would be refunded after move out or should no pet damage occur.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management