Post University is seeking a full-time Community Director to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “ We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
This position is a full-time, 12-month, live-in required position which reports to the Community Director Team Lead.
- Supervise Resident Assistants
- Participate in and facilitate:
- Housing Selection and housing assignments
- Residence Life training (summer, fall, winter, in-services)
- Residence Life selection process
- Opening/Closing halls
- Department committees
- University committee assignments
- Assist in all areas of Residence Life
- Create an atmosphere of community and wellness in the by:
- Administering the University and Departmental philosophy
- Fostering co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences for students
- Teaching life skills outside of the classroom, lead focus on community engagement
- Support of Student Government Association, oversite of club development and interest groups
- Perform all administrative functions and maintain adequate records of all hall and staff occurrences
- Monitor, report, and follow up on the physical condition of the halls
- Enforce all Post policies, procedures, guidelines and standards and conduct investigations of behavioral issues
- Participate in regular “on call” rotation
- Serve as advisor, resource person for students
- Assist with central office and projects as assigned
- Maintain visibility and a high level of interaction with students
- Maintain regular scheduled office hours
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous residence hall management experience, knowledge of community development and wellness concepts, supervisory experience and teamwork. Understanding and commitment to a multicultural living/learning environment is required.
The Community Director will be provided with a furnished apartment during the school year with cable and Wi-Fi included, $15.00 per month laundry stipend, $50.00 per month cell phone stipend, and dining when students are on campus.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management