Post University is seeking a full time Community Director to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
This position is a full-time, 12-month, live-in required position which reports to the Dean of Students.
- Leads the housing operations through management of online housing record system, new student housing assignment process, annual room selection process, room change process, check-in and check-out process, and housing occupancy reports
- Oversee housing operations, room assignments and room changes
- Promote the first year experience (FYE) program within the first year residence hall area
- Supervise a community assistant and resident assistants
- Participate in and facilitate:
- Student Life training (summer, fall, winter, in-services)
- Student Life selection process
- Opening/Closing halls
- Department committees
- University committee assignments
- Assist in all areas of Student Life
- Create an atmosphere of community and wellness in the by:
- Administering the University and Departmental philosophy
- Fostering co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences for students
- Teaching life skills outside of the classroom
- Perform all administrative functions and maintain adequate records of all hall and staff occurrences
- Monitor, report, and follow up on the physical condition of the halls
- Enforce all Post policies, procedures, guidelines and standards and conduct investigations of behavioral issues
- Participate in regular “on call” rotation
- Serve as advisor, resource person for students
- Assist with central office and projects as assigned by the Dean of Students
- Maintain visibility and a high level of interaction with students
- Maintain regular scheduled office hours
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous residence hall management experience, knowledge of community development and wellness concepts, supervisory experience and teamwork. Understanding and commitment to a multicultural living/learning environment is required.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management