Post University is seeking a Controller to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks, and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will oversee the day to day fiscal operations of the university as well as lead and develop the Fiscal Operations & Reporting team in its daily, weekly, monthly, and annual processes. The Controller will be accountable for monthly closings, the annual audit, and preparation of financial and tax reporting.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct oversight and management of the day to day fiscal operations of the university, including but not limited to cash, revenue recognition, budgeting, forecasting, purchasing, accounts payable, and payroll reporting.
- Accountability and oversight of the overall monthly/annual close process
- Annual consolidated audited financial statements
- Accountability for all federal, state, local tax matters acting as liaison to external tax preparer
- Internal Reporting, including finance committee and board of trustee presentations
- Various external annual surveys (IPEDS, NCAA, US News & World, etc.)
- Serve as backup liaison for external University relationships (i.e., banking, investments, and any prospective relationships)
- Develop and maintain general ledger mapping that streamlines financial reporting across the University
- Maintain control of general ledger maintenance, security and annual general ledger close process
- Develop and maintain a set of board-approved policies that define the methods allowed to manage liquidity, credit and operational risks related to excess working capital and debt
- Monitor current cash balances to ensure compliance with bank/debt requirements, as well as balances are sufficient to meet University funding needs
- Proactively forecast year-end financial statement results
- Remain current on and research all required accounting pronouncements that impact financial statement disclosures on an annual (or, as-needed) basis
- Develop, monitor and enforce all University policies and procedures related to all areas of Finance
- Ensure policies and procedures are clearly and properly displayed and communicated to all University constituents (i.e., students, faculty, and staff)
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, tools and procedures to monitor effectiveness of internal controls
- This position requires some evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the Fiscal Operations & Reporting Office
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field required; Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible analysis, reporting, and operational management experience in higher education or a comparably complex organization
- Prior work experience in public accounting
- In-depth experience with preparation of financial reports and analysis
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FASB accounting standards, as well as IRS and tax requirements
- Experience preparing complex analyses and reports and ability to analyze overall financial results and detailed data quickly
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information to internal and external constituents, and all levels of administration
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Excellent project, managerial, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, experience and various accounting software, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations or Dynamics GP.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work in a growth orientated and fast paced environment
- High ethical standards representative of Post University’s commitment to excellence
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management