Post University Counselor (Part-time) Job Summary
The Counselor provides short-term counseling for a diverse population of college students. To achieve this, the Counselor will provide focused therapy sessions, including but not limited to, individual, relationship and group counseling, crisis assessments and interventions, and mental health/wellness programming. The Counselor will actively demonstrate a commitment to cultural humility and diversity. They will design and implement prevention, outreach, and other educational programs, and will serve as a mental health consultant to faculty, staff, students, families, and campus committees.
- Provide individual counseling to Post University students
- Conduct intake assessments and make treatment recommendations, including facilitating community-based referrals as needed
- Maintain accurate and current clinical records within an electronic health record. Ensures all clinically related communication with students is recorded within the student’s chart. Report appropriate statistics to mandating
- Provide group counseling experiences for students
- Collaborate with the various offices, including Disability Support Services, Title IX, Residence Life, Athletics, and other offices to provide holistic mental health education, outreach, and prevention programs
- Provide referrals to a consulting Psychiatrist, community resources, and other agencies as appropriate
- Provide consultation services to students, faculty, and
- Provide leadership and advocacy for mental health policies and initiatives
- Adhere to ethical and professional standards of counseling service and practice
- Report to Director of the Counseling Center
- Direct counseling experience with college age individuals
- Experience and clinical effectiveness in multicultural counseling approaches with ethnically and culturally diverse clients and communities
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in working with the following populations: international students, LGBTQA students, student athletes, first generation college students
- The ability to conduct evaluations and risk assessments, and provide DSM diagnoses; strong clinical skills working with clients living with depression; anxiety; substance use and abuse; disordered eating; and, victims of sexual assault
Minimum Education Requirements
Applicants must hold an earned Master’s degree from an accredited program in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, clinical social work, counseling, or relevant mental health field.
The position calls for 10 to 16 hours per week during the academic year with possible summer projects.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management