Director of Enterprise Applications
Post University is seeking a Director of Enterprise Applications, Information, and Communications Technology (ICT).
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Director of Enterprise Applications, Information, and Communications Technology (ICT) reports directly to the Chief Information & Technology Officer (CITO). The Director of Enterprise Applications directs essential aspects of the University’s technology planning, implementation, and maintenance to support the Universities overall mission, strategic plan, and goals. This individual is responsible for the leadership of staff and management of functions related to technology services. The Director of Enterprise Applications assists the division in responding to emerging issues, trends, and community needs, providing internal leadership that supports Post University’s strategic objectives.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to CITO.
- Provides leadership and expertise to one or more enterprise applications that may include student information system (SIS), financial and resource planning system (ERP), learning management, enterprise portal, content management, workflow automation, and mobile solutions.
- Through the management of the IT Project Management Office (PMO), ensures alignment of IT Project, budget and policies as defined by the IT Governance process.
- Manages technology vendor relationships, including the maintenance and support of the University SIS / ERP applications.
- Operational responsibilities include day to day issue tracking and problem resolution.
- Works collaboratively with the campus community—faculty, staff, and students—to create a culture of student engagement and success.
- Coaches evaluate and develop staff proficiencies to support professional growth and addresses deficiencies by holding staff accountable in accordance with appropriate university procedures
- Models and drives positive change to establish best practices and a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence to transform the department from reactive to proactive
- Performs other duties as assigned
Post University Expectations:
- Responsible for adhering to the University’s Code of Conduct
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative University environment
- Responsible for maintaining technological competencies utilized by the University and in alignment with the IT Strategic Plan.
- Commitment to professional growth
- Earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum seven (7) years of technology leadership experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years with Campus Management Student Information System (current or previous versions) as a System Administrator or Strong Functional knowledge.
- Information Technology leadership experience within higher education.
- Experience with the successful implementation of information technology best practices resulting in improved organizational capabilities and operational results.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of effective Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) processes, including change and incident management.
- Expert level portfolio and project management skills, with demonstrated success prioritizing, overseeing and delivering multiple, high profile, complex projects and implementing them on schedule with minimum disruption to user communities.
- Experienced at implementing proven methods to ensure operational excellence, such as Service Level Agreements (SLA), including assessment of effectiveness and the utilization of metrics as a basis for performance review, performance management, and continuous improvement.
- Experienced in achieving efficiencies through Lean Process improvements and Quality techniques such as Root Cause Analysis, Process Flow Mapping, etc. to ensure the underlying problems are resolved rather than just the symptoms.
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the development and support of enterprise application systems and services.
- Evidence of effective communication (interpersonal, speaking, and writing) skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide range of functional departments and technology skill levels
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to client organizations in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems
- Demonstrated integrity, good judgment, and ability to act as a trusted advisor at the most senior levels in an organization with the ability to represent the CITO when required.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management