Director of Payroll, Benefits, & Associate Experience Systems
Post University is seeking a Director of Payroll, Benefits, & Associate Experience Systems to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Reporting to the Vice President of Associate Experience, this University leadership role requires an inherent appreciation and understanding of business goals and operational realities. The Director of Payroll, Benefits, and Associate Experience Systems is primarily responsible for design of best practices and optimization of automated systems that relate to payroll, benefits administration and information processing. The Director of Payroll, Benefits & Associate Experience Systems manages a staff of four – five support professionals who have specialty areas related to these functions. This leader performs as a subject matter expert who is strategic, tactical and hands-on in building an efficient “services processing” Associate Experience infrastructure. At its highest level this role is accountable for compliance, culture authenticity and services delivery that represents exceptional customer experiences in all areas involving payroll/compensation, benefits and information processing.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related degree required but Master’s preferred.
- SPHR Certification preferred.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in management of payroll/compensation, benefits and system’s/processes automation.
- Minimum three years’ related experience in for-profit educational sector preferred.
- Self-driven with proven customer service expertise.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, growth-oriented environment where work completion urgency is not uncommon.
- Advanced report preparation and data analysis skills.
- Servant oriented leadership style.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Advanced Microsoft Office expertise with strong MS-word, Excel, PowerPoint, pivot tables skills.
- Experience performing job related training of employees and management
- Minimum three years’ ADP Workforce Now usage optimization, reporting, and cross system interface implementations.
- Role model of Post’s values and non-negotiable behaviors at all times.
- Responsible for managing a high performing team of approximately 4-5 AE associates who administer payroll and benefits functions University wide.
- Assists in development of effective AE policies and processes that reinforce Post’s culture, supports business objectives and meets or exceeds all related compliance requirements.
- Executes total compensation and benefit strategies that are competitive, responsive to associates’ wellness needs, offer affordable/high quality benefit choices, that continually reflect an appropriate level of Post re-investment in its associates’ financial security, etc.
- Recommends, develops and implements a wage and salary structure that contributes to recruitment/retention of top talent while concurrently incenting exceptional performance across all positions.
- Monitors/analyses competitor compensation and benefit trends, makes related recommendations and follows through accordingly.
- Has lead responsibility in completing various payroll, benefits and employment regulatory filings (5500, EEOC, etc.).
- Responsible for producing management reports such as turnover, retention, headcount, payroll processing, IPEDS, US World News, pay equity, benefit accruals and special requests for employment related data.
- Provides required documentation in response to internal or external (third party) complaints, charges, requests, audits, etc.
- Develops and conducts training (one on one and group) for managers and non-managers on such topics as Payroll Processing, ADP Workforce Now usage, Benefits Enrollment, Payroll/Benefits Compliance, Using AE Data for Business Decision-making, etc.
- Plans and coordinates exceptional Annual Benefits Open Enrollment.
- Reconciles and approves benefit invoices.
- Assists with on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Conducts research of job and industry related topics to maintain updated compliance job knowledge and consistent adherence to regulatory standards.
- Continually pursues automation strategies that will elevate the service level provided to the associates and minimize manual/paper processes.
- Ensures the confidentiality and safeguarding of all resulting associate documentation and reports.
- Serves as point of contact and AE subject matter expert in partnering with IT department regarding technology changes, system interface of system upgrade situations, etc. that impact or involve AE departmental processes.
- Completes all accountabilities in a manner that results in superior associate experiences which ultimately contribute to happy, proud and high performing associates.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management