Enrollment Team Counselor
Post University is seeking an Enrollment Team Counselor to join our enrollment team.
This position can be working in either Admissions, Advising or Financial Aid.
A Post University Admissions counselor (in our Accelerated Degree Program) is responsible for responding to student inquiries regarding admission to the University’s online and evening & weekend programs in a timely and customer-focused manner. You will need excellent communication, listening, customer service and sales skills to excel in this high volume, customer-driven position.
Within the Division of the Office of Student Finance, the ADP Financial Aid Advisor (FAA) is responsible for working with all online and satellite students as it relates to the tuition process for Post University. This position coordinates the different payment options to ensure that student tuition obligations are being met.
The Academic Success Counselor (ASC) is a critical member of Post University’s student academic success and retention efforts for online and/or regional site students. The ASC provides a consistent point of contact to a student from the time the student begins classes at the University to graduation.
- Promptly respond to student inquiries regarding Post University and our program offerings.
- Conduct mostly telephone and sometimes personal interviews to help prospective students identify their interests and choose an Online
- Degree Program that fits each student’s personal and career goals.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Follow-up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the enrollment process.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, and other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Meet & ideally exceed established team and individual enrollment goals.
- Participate in weekly team and floor-wide meetings to collaborate about best practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in higher education admissions and/or recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Prior call center, customer service, and/or sales experience a plus.
- Superior relationship building skills with the ability to connect with students and colleagues required; must be able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a dynamic phone presence required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software are a must.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work weekend hours.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management