Executive Assistant to the Executive Team
Post University is currently accepting applications for Executive Assistant (Waterbury, CT) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to members of the Executive Team and other senior staff. This position offers a hybrid schedule, with some days in the office in Waterbury, CT, and others working remotely. When working remotely, candidates must plug their equipment into their home router (a 50-foot ethernet cable will be provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 Mb download speed and a 3 Mb upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system.
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the Executive team members and/or other assigned leadership staff.
- Performs administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other operational documents for senior staff.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for executives.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by executives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Able to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- At least four years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management