Head Coach – Men’s Lacrosse
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “ We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach oversees the activities of the Men’s athletic team for Lacrosse at the Division II level. Plans and directs training of student-athletes and assesses individuals’ abilities and skill levels to determine appropriate team positions. Assists players in reaching the highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. The position requires a bachelor’s degree and familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field. The Head Coach relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direction and oversight for the Lacrosse program and activities;
- Within guidelines, establishes competitive schedules in a timely basis and coordinates with Academic Affairs and facility availability when scheduling games and practices.
- Assist in developing, supervising part-time coaching staff, including shared responsibility training, mentoring, and evaluating assistant coaches and athletic staff
- Initiate and coordinate the certification of academic and health eligibility of all athletes.
- Assist Athletic Director in providing leadership and sound decision-making concerning all Men’s Lacrosse matters, including fiscal affairs, personnel, facilities, public relations, and general operations.
- Provide leadership that adheres to the highest standards of integrity in academic, financial, and business matters, as well as NCAA rules and regulations for the sport.
- Maintain, enforce and follow all appropriate athletic department policies, procedures, and practices, and ensuring consistency with all University policies, Board of Trustees, and other regulations that govern the University, NCAA rules and certification requirements, and all state and federal laws, including Title IX.
- Ensure an environment that promotes student-athlete health and welfare and a commitment to strong academic values.
- Provide the leadership to implement a positive coaching model within the team and the sport. The head coach will promote a successful, productive, supportive, and nurturing learning environment for our student-athletes while building both skills and character.
- Develop and manage the team and special events budgets; request equipment, and ensure departmental compliance with all University cash handling and management policies;
- Collect and analyze departmental statistics and data and prepare and distribute reports as appropriate for the sport;
- Direct efforts for recruiting players and participates in all phases of recruiting functions.
- Recruit student-athletes in coordination with the Admissions Office and develop alumni athletics events, community relationships, and fund-raising opportunities as appropriate;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with administrative and coaching experience.
- Demonstrate commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
- Understanding of and commitment to the NCAA’s primary purpose of maintaining intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the educational program and the athlete as an integral part of the student body
- Demonstrated success working in intercollegiate athletics or highly related field
- Ability to recruit and hire qualified student-athletes
- Demonstration of commitment to academic and fiscal integrity
- Proven leadership skills – both soft and hard skills must be demonstrable
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form;
- Experience in negotiating and maintaining vendor contracts where appropriate
- Possess strong analytical skills – desire and ability to use data for decision making – maintain a metrics-based organization (again – this is part of our culture)
- Proven experience at working in a collaborative matrix environment where individuals and teams are reliant upon each other for their collective success regardless of reporting structure
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management