Honors Program Coordinator
Post University is seeking a full-time Honors Program Coordinator to join our growing team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Honors Program has a degree of discretion and independence in accord with the strategic goals and objectives of the University Honors Program. The position will receive guidance from and reports to the Director, Honors Program. In general, the position is responsible for assisting the Online Honors Program Assistant Director with the administration and management of the online Honors Program and supporting the further growth and development of the program. Duties include, but are not limited to: assist with the management and administration of the online Honors Program and special initiatives, support recruitment efforts of high achieving students to the online Honors Program, coordinate the updating of the online Honors Program student data base, assist with identifying students for enrollment in online Honors courses, assist with developing data analytics for persistence in the online Honors Program, attend (as appropriate) regional and national Honors conferences, collaborate in the planning and implementation of Honors Program student events. The person in this position handles confidential information and is expected to communicate pleasantly and professionally with students, as well as, internal and external University constituents. The incumbent must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license and clean driving record. The incumbent must be willing to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend work, as well as some overnight travel for special events and conferences. Eligible candidates must be available to work on our campus in Waterbury, CT.
- Online Honors Program liaison to ASCs
- Collaborate with online Honors Program Assistant Director to provide training to ASCs and Admissions Counselors about the online Honors Program policies, procedures, and how to answer questions from eligible students (ongoing)
- Collaborate with online Admission Counselors in recruiting entering eligible online Honors Program students
- Identify and reach out to online Honors Program eligible students (entering and returning) – ongoing
- Collaborate with Honors Program Director and Assistant Directors in the planning and execution of events for online and campus Honors Program students
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of Honors course participation and advancement towards Honors Program rocognitions of online Honors students (provide early alerts for students who are off pace for online Honors, have dropped below 3.25 CUM GPA and are placed on Honors Program academic probation, etc.)
- Coordinate acquisition and delivery of online Honors Program welcome package items and other recognitions for online Honors Program students
- Coordinate the development of online Honors Program student demographic and program benchmarking reports under the direction of the Online Assistant Honors Program Director
- Other duties as required
- Assist with University special projects and initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Honors Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with adult and contemporary online learners
- Understanding and practical knowledge of adult and contemporary learners
- Creatively communicate online Honors Program events and promotional activities to students and University community
- Strong ability to produce accurate and detailed analysis of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid presentation and training skills
- Excellent organizational skills: outstanding ability to prioritize workload while completing multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment – need for flexibility and agility
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as Publisher and Outlook
- Familiarity with Blackboard learning systems
- Facility with social media (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and blogging)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Willingness to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional overnight travel for special events and conferences
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license and clean driving record
An applicant who does not meet the minimum qualifications as stated is encouraged to clearly document how his/her background and experiences have provided preparation for the responsibilities of this position.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management