ICT Systems Technician – Level I
Post University is seeking an ICT Systems Technician – Level I to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
ICT Systems Technician –Level I will work closely with on-site and remote staff, faculty and students to provide tech support in offices, classrooms, public room spaces, residential halls and set up and break down computer labs as assigned by Supervisors. This position requires an extensive knowledge of and keen interest in computer technology and audio-visual equipment and must possess strong customer service skills. The ICT Systems Technician – Level I will respond promptly to support requests from staff utilizing our ticketing system and phones. Support on campus will also include students residing in the residence halls as well as from faculty in the computer labs/classrooms both during class and after class.
- Provide support to Staff on all supported software platforms.
- Be available for computer and AV preparation/breakdown for staff, students, and faculty both before, during, and after meetings and as determined by the needs of the requestor.
- Respond promptly to staff, faculty and students for troubleshooting, hardware, software and password assistance, and general tech support as issues arise.
- Respond to and log all tech support requests in our ticketing system to track maintenance needs and volume.
- Set up and break down computer labs in the academic buildings, offices, and residence halls.
- Supervise computer lab during scheduled workday and provide student workers for after-hours coverage.
- Responsible for installing and configuring new laptops (Windows 10), adding these PCs to an Active Directory Domain and/or Azure Autopilot.
- Install and configure desktop software as needed
- Manage Antivirus software and assist users with applications and troubleshooting hardware
- Provide technical assistance and/or training to staff, faculty, or students in using the audio/visual equipment for events in the classrooms and public spaces.
- Maintain, inventory, suggest repair, storage, or replacement of equipment
- Communicate with staff, faculty and students regarding technology needs and problems, as well as scheduling needs.
- Follow all rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and specific responsibilities as set forth in the Staff Handbook.
- Assume other responsibilities as reasonably requested by staff faculty, and students.
- Performs related work as required or as delegated by supervisor(s).
- This position requires a flexible schedule with scheduled evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the ICT Office.
- Ability to travel between our Campus and downtown Waterbury locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred 1-2 years successful work experience in an ICT department.
- Experience in an institution of higher education is preferred but not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees at all levels and with diverse student populations.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to repair Windows based computer systems.
- Proficiency in desktop operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as Office 365 / Azure.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and provide exemplary customer service along with a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20+ pounds.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management