Instructional Design and Reference Services Librarian
Post University is seeking an Instructional Design and Reference Services Librarian (Full-Time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University is seeking an Instructional Design and Reference Services Librarian to work in the main campus library to serve the needs of students, faculty, and staff. This position is located on the main campus of Post University in Waterbury, CT and is NOT a remote position.
Instructional Design (50%) role includes:
- Provide research, support, and technology expertise to collaborate on Instructional Design projects and developments, as well as other digital initiatives.
- Communicate with all stakeholders during projects involving digital content and course materials.
- Assist faculty and staff with finding, evaluating, and using digital content.
- Assist students, faculty & staff with technical, intellectual, and educational issues regarding digital content, learning and research.
- Collaborate with librarians to develop, implement, and manage the library’s digital space housing digital learning materials and content collection.
- Prepare educational materials regarding digital content, including copyright and intellectual property rights.
- Perform collection development on materials to assist curriculums and syllabi.
- Collect analytics (when and where available) on ECM requests, implementation, troubleshooting, efficacy, material retention, etc.
- Help with technical and intellectual aspects of digital integration.
- Assist with the integration of digital content into university platforms and publications, as needed.
- Communicate aspects of the ID role regularly to Library Director.
- Other duties as assigned
Reference Services (50%) role includes:
- Plan and assist with reference service, reference development and maintenance, database searching, Internet, and bibliographic instruction.
- Interact and collaborate with a variety of departments across campus to improve the library’s connection to support learning across the institution.
- Cover the main campus library desk as needed
- Prepare library reserves as necessary.
- Maintain usage statistics of library resources and services, assisted by federal work-study students when available.
- Assist in collection development decisions concerning library materials.
- Update pertinent bibliographies, library guides, tutorials, and other materials to support library use.
- Catalog new materials.
- Assist with creation of projects and tasks of federal work-study students.
- Act as Library Liaison to the Accelerated Degree program, the MBA program and FYE sequence.
- Participate in professional library organizations and networks.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree or higher in library science, or library and information science from an American Library Association accredited college required.
- Two years’ experience in an academic library preferred.
- Information literacy instruction experience preferred.
- Reference and/or technical experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, multi-media applications, EBSCOhost, ProQuest Central, the Research ITCT Digital Library and NexisUni. Other database knowledge desirable.
- Experience in a higher education setting working with faculty preferred
- At least two years working with digital research required
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management