Learning and Development Manager for Student Financial Aid
Post University is seeking a Learning and Development Manager for Student Financial Aid (full time) to join our growing team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Student Financial Aid Learning & Development Manager
A Learning & Development Manager facilitates learning and development experiences across the organization. This candidate must be intrinsically motivated, customer-focused, and adapt to an ever-changing environment. A minimum requirement of this position is five years of experience in all areas of federal student financial aid Title IV regulations, emphasizing the delivery of a positive student experience. Student account experience is also desirable.
This position offers a hybrid schedule with some days remote and some days in the office in Waterbury, CT. To work remotely in this position, candidates will need to plug their equipment into their home router (50-foot ethernet cable will be provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 MB download speed and a 3 MB upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
- Facilitates and leads federal Title IV student financial aid learning initiatives via hybrid, and remote experiential learning programs
- Accountable for the experience and outcomes of each learning program
- Research changes and updates to rules through self-investigation of the US Department of Education and professional publications.
- Attend US Department of Education and professional continuing education seminars to maintain proficiency.
- Partner with the University’s financial aid and regulatory compliance teams and the Eagle Institute team to develop and maintain course integrity by regularly auditing, testing, and updating curricula.
- Support Student Finance teams as needed
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS (As referenced on The Post Way of Life – Associates’ Daily Commitments)
We expect our associates to CARE (Connect–Assess–Resolve–Excite) in every stakeholder interaction. CARE is a framework to guide our every decision and action. CARE also resonates with our diverse associate & student populations – as humans, we know what it means to CARE.
We CONNECT. We believe relationships matter. Not only do we believe relationships matter, we know there is a direct correlation between the quality of our relationships and our outcomes. We invest in our relationships with colleagues, students, and ourselves – we make time to tend to our mental, physical, financial, and professional health.
We ASSESS. We take the time to understand why something happened entirely; we remove assumptions and eliminate confusion or ambiguity by asking questions and creating context, certainty, clarity, and mutual understanding. We collaborate with others throughout the university by understanding their strengths and value to the tribe. When we encounter conflict, we first seek to understand and be understood – and always with respect.
We RESOLVE. We generate the trust of our colleagues, students, regulatory bodies, and our more significant communities by doing the right thing all the time—even when nobody is looking. We honor our promises by following up and following through. We help others learn and grow by sharing information and feedback.
We EXCITE. “Making It Personal” is the experience we promise students and associate with every interaction. Excite is the heart of our experience. We find ways to be resourceful and helpful to Wow, Amaze and Delight others. We embrace change, take risks and innovate. We celebrate successes and recognize the accomplishments of others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and performance required. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Student Financial Aid experience
- Minimum of 3 years of management or learning & development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at listening, questioning, explaining, and providing feedback in a constructive manner
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Demonstrated history of training and enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Office365 products and video conferencing software
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills, flexibility, outstanding customer service attitude, and attention to detail
- Works professionally, independently, and collaboratively in a hybrid office environment (hybrid or remote)
- Take the initiative, organize, and prioritize tasks, and manage one’s own time to meet deadlines
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management