Manager of Cybersecurity
Post University is seeking a Manager of Cybersecurity.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks, and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Under the general direction of the CITO, this position functions as a subject matter expert for cyber security, incident management, and IT compliance for the enterprise. This position ensures incidents, risks, and threats are properly identified, analyzed, communicated, actioned/defended, investigated, and reported. This position is responsible for:
- Conducting internal risk assessments, cataloging risks, developing risk mitigation strategies, and reducing risks to match the risk appetite of the business
- Work with internal business groups to ensure IT compliance with all applicable regulatory and industry requirements
- Gaining situational awareness through continuous monitoring of networks and other IT assets for signs of attack, anomalies, and inappropriate activities
- Determining the cause, scope, and impact of incidents to stop unwanted activity, limit damage, and prevent recurrence
- Separating and controlling access to different networks with different threat levels and sets of users to reduce the number of threat vectors and successful attacks
- Protecting information on computers that routinely interact with untrusted devices on the internet or may be prone to loss or theft
- Help develop & implement IT Security standards, policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure a high degree of data security while ensuring user satisfaction and business functionality
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented security systems/networks and update for each system/network change.
- Monitoring changes to information systems; maintaining centralized logging server to aggregate logs from network devices and critical servers; correlating and synthesizing logs to generate meaningful and actionable alerts
- Perform the testing, selection, deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with industry best practices
- Lead/drive processes to identify security vulnerabilities with networks & systems; provide technical advice & support to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed promptly before they can be exploited by malicious actors
- Drive continuous improvement process to improve security controls and reduce aggregate threats over time
- Design, direct and manage third party security services and solutions.
Qualified applicants will have IT security problem determination, troubleshooting and resolution experience, particularly involving server systems (i.e. SANs, storage devices, etc.), server operating systems (i.e. Windows, Unix, and Linux, etc.), network devices (i.e. firewalls, switches, routers, wireless controllers, wireless access points, and NIPS), and common network protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP, etc.). Knowledge of common regulatory requirements and security frameworks such as PCI-DSS, FERPA, GDPR, NIST or ISO required to help support compliance requirements. Applicants will require experience managing risk across an enterprise environment and will have deep knowledge of risk treatment and mitigation strategies.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management