Military Admissions Counselor
Post University is seeking a Military Admissions Counselor to join our team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
A Post University Military Admissions counselor (in our Accelerated Degree Program) is responsible for new student recruitment to the University’s online programs. Candidates should be intrinsically motivated, student focused, and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment. The individual should possess excellent phone and time management skills to succeed in this metrics-driven setting.
- Conduct Professional College Advisory Sessions (PCAS) via telephone and occasionally face-to-face with the intent to help prospective students identify their interests and choose a Degree Program that fits each student’s individual, personal and career goals.
- Promptly respond to student inquiries regarding Post University and our program offerings.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Academic Military Student Information housed in the University’s Student Information System. Which includes but is not limited to: accurate degree plan, transfer credits, interactions, current address (mailing and email), and telephone number.
- Follow-up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the enrollment process.
- Maintain contact with students and provide guidance to discuss degree program requirements, degree selection along with major, minor and concentration followed by course selection and registration as well as work/life/study issues
- Ensure that course selection is in line with the approved degree plan.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, Registrar and other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Work with academic advising and faculty to identify students who are having academic problems and strive to overcome these issues to promote student success and retention; coordinate discipline issues with student services.
- Meet & ideally exceed established team and individual enrollment goals.
- Ability to use and quickly learn existing and new technologies, including but not limited to Blackboard, social media, CRM, Microsoft Office Products, Campus Nexus, True Dialog, HelloSign etc.
- Participate in weekly team and floor-wide meetings to address best recruiting practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Veteran/Military experience preferred, as well as knowledge of Military education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education admissions and/or recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Prior call center, customer service, and/or sales experience a plus.
- Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Problem solver; is a solutions-oriented person.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must hold customer service at a high premium.
- Enjoys working with and supporting adult students.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude.
- Superior relationship building skills with the ability to connect with students and colleagues required; must be able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a dynamic phone presence required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software are a must.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work nights and weekend hours.
- Works well in a team environment; enjoys working as a contributing member of the Military Team
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management