Military Academic Success Counselor
Post University is seeking a Military Academic Success Counselor to join our growing team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Military Academic Success Counselor (ASC) is a critical member of Post University’s student academic success and retention efforts for online and/or regional site students. The Military ASC provides a consistent point of contact to a student from when the student completes their first class at the University to graduation. This person proactively builds a trusting and supportive relationship with new students at the beginning of a student’s studies and carries that relationship to graduation. Through counseling and positive coaching, the Military ASC works with a student to overcome barriers impeding adult students from reaching their academic and career goals. The Military ASC is both a champion for student success and the University brand.
Post University currently offers the option to work remotely in this position. Candidates are required to meet the minimum home network speeds listed below and follow the hardware connection settings determined by their provisioned equipment and department role. Additionally, candidates must have a reliable Internet connection and a designated and private home-office or alternative workspace. Post IT will not support personal equipment connecting to our systems. Home Network Speeds must meet a minimum of the following:
– Download speed of 10mbs
– Upload speed of 3mbs
- Proactively develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with students that welcome them to our learning community, creates bonds with the University, and ensures that students have a consistent student service resource.
- Promptly respond to student inquiries, emails, voicemails, text messages, portal messages, i.e., any student outreach (typically same day) by phone, text, or email.
- Data entry of student enrollment information, registration information, change of majors, petitions, etc., to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Academic Military Student Information housed in the University’s Student Information System. This includes but is not limited to: accurate degree plans, transfer credits, interactions, current address (mailing and email), and telephone number.
- Follow-up with active and inactive students and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the student’s degree.
- Communicate directly, effectively, and often with all assigned students active and inactive to keep them connected with us, informed, and engaged in an open conversation through to graduation; Leverage University technology systems to enhance relationships with students; Communicate positively and effectively with students by phone, email and or text.
- Actively and independently own and manage your student caseload, support high-risk students, call for registration, provide course suggestions, degree plan updates, proactively reach out to students.
- Meet & ideally exceed established team and individual registration and retention goals
- Use University systems to track and assess how your assigned students are progressing towards graduation/completing their program and report these metrics to management regularly; Analyze student data from internal systems and external sources to create information that your team and management can use to improve the student experience and the services we provide
- Proactively and creatively work independently and as a member of the Academic Success Counselor team to identify barriers to students’ academic success and develop solutions that improve retention; Introduce and train students on University systems, (e.g., Web Registration and Blackboard)
- Accurately communicate and support University academic and University policies; Provides students with guidance related to academic progress, course selection, degree selection, and work/life/study issues.
- Coaches and offers counsel students on strategies for success, ability to overcome hurdles/objections, and efficient, effective interactions with Post University.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required: master’s degree a plus.
- Veteran/Military experience preferred.
- Knowledge of military educational programs desired.
- Engaging and dynamic phone presence; Excellent email communication skills; clear and succinct writing ability a must
- Self-starter – shows initiative and can work independently and as a team member to achieve organizational goals, Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking; Dedicated to student success; Urgent driven; responsive to students and colleagues.
- Ability to use and quickly learn existing and new technologies, including but not limited to Blackboard, social media, CRM, Microsoft Office Products, Campus Nexus, True Dialog, HelloSign, etc.
- Good organization skills and ability to keep consistent contact with 225-265 student caseload; Ability to connect and develop relationships with adult students; Holds themselves and colleagues to high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a dynamic phone presence, are required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and database software are a must.
- Experience in higher education and/or recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Prior call center, customer service, and/or sales experience a plus.
- Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Problem solver; is a solutions-oriented person. Must be detail-oriented.
- Must hold customer service at a high premium.
- Enjoys working with and supporting adult students.
- Creates a positive culture and environment through attitude and behavior
- Ability to work weekends and or nights preferred.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management