Post University is seeking a Network Engineer (Full-time) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure, provide support for the operation of the Post University network / data center equipment and facilitate its use by members of the Post University community. In addition, the Network Engineer will provide technical mentoring to junior staff members.
- Build network configurations and connections (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Establish and maintain network performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Collaborate with User Service and 24/7 NOC.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Mentor team members on technical issues.
- Communicate with User Services and Business User to resolve issues.
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability.
- Support Unified Communications infrastructure at the network/routing level.
- Secures network infrastructure by working closely with the Cyber Security office to enforce policies and monitoring access.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Five+ years of experience as Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred
- Professional certification (e.g., CCNP, CCDP) preferred.
Interested candidates should apply at: https://post.edu/associate-experience/career-opportunities
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management