Operations Team Lead, Student Accounts – American Sentinel College (Remote)
Post University is seeking an Operations Team Lead, Student Accounts – American Sentinel College (Remote) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The Operations Team Lead, Student Accounts, American Sentinel College, supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in calculating, processing, posting, verifying, and maintaining data and payments to accounts receivable records of the University.
- To learn more about American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University.
ORGANIZATIONAL DIMENSIONS OF JOB:
This position (including through subordinate employees) ensures that all student accounts are updated correctly and in accordance with federal and state guidelines and regulations, including Department of Education Title IV accounting standards and accrediting agencies.
- Oversee all accounts receivable operations.
- Ensure that staff are completing their tasks and are meeting the needs of the students, including responding to student concerns and inquiries, in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Mentor, train, coach, and evaluate performance of staff.
- Identify and resolve issues related to processes and procedures and implement appropriate corrective measures.
- Manage projects that support the operational needs of the department, including upgrades to systems, incorporating new technologies, and updates to processes or procedures to support new university initiatives.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with other university departments and executive leadership.
- Address escalated student grievances and concerns in a way that conforms with university principles and guidelines.
- Develop and implement record keeping systems, forms, policies, and procedures related to accounts receivable; communicate and coordinate accounting policies, practices, and procedures with university staff, vendors, students, etc.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to compliment data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral & Written Communication – Has proven writing and editorial skills. Speaks and writes clearly, informatively, and persuasively in positive or negative situations; varies style to meet needs; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; presents data effectively.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products, and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance/accounting or related field; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Title IV regulations/processes desired
- Experience with online proprietary education a plus.
The work environment and physical demands are characteristic of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and typical for those working in an academic and/or office setting. The employee must be able to read, write and interpret written documents; must be able to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; must be able to sit, reach with hands and arms, and be able to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same, unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management