Post University is seeking a Nurse (part-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks, and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Nurse (part-time) is a professional nurse working in the University setting who strengthens and facilitates the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of the University’s students
- Assessment of students’ health needs and refer when necessary to doctor, dentist office, Emergency Room, walk-in center, or the Health Department
- Keep a daily log for visits to the health service office
- Assist the Physician/APRN in examination of students
- Follow up on X-Rays and throat culture results
- Provide first aid to Students and Staff
- Assisting in reading and interpreting medical records from high schools and physician offices to stay in compliance with Connecticut immunization laws as it applies to both new and returning students
- Data entry to log and track all student’s health records into the university student data base system
- Follow up on written requests from students to copy their records
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, colleagues, staff, and medical professionals
- Knowledge of all state and federal regulations for University Health Services in the State of CT
- Work in conjunction with other campus departments for the collection of student health records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of current license in the State of Connecticut
- 3-5 years of RN preferred experience however equivalent experience will be taken under consideration
- Past college health center experience preferred along with providing health education to students and student groups.
- CPR & basic first aid required
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude.
- Good computer skills: able to use Microsoft Office products and learn university systems
- Enjoys working with and supporting students
- Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and complete understanding of confidentiality & HIPPA compliance
- Proven excellent attention to detail and task quality
- Must be results oriented and able to organize and independently manage various projects or processes simultaneously
- Ability to read and interpret professional journals and government reports
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management