Program Coordinator, Police Recertification Program
Post University is seeking a Program Coordinator, Police Recertification Program (part-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks, and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Program Coordinator for the Police Recertification Program has several areas of responsibility including program and course development, leadership, curriculum oversight, and other duties as assigned by the Dean. This is a part-time (20-30 hours per week) position, which will require some on-campus time as well as some remote work, as determined by the Dean of the Burke School.
Program and Course Development:
- Initiates growth through innovative course and program development in the online environment.
- Develops agreements and memoranda of understanding with municipal and state police agencies as well as law enforcement and other professional organizations to grow enrollments and opportunities for students.
- Continuously explores new and innovative ways to improve the quality of the Police Recertification Program and curricula.
- Ensures the Police Recertification Program is assessed accurately and regularly with student outcomes of utmost importance.
- Hires, manages, supports, develops and evaluates certified police instructors/course developers/subject matter experts to ensure the effectiveness and quality delivery of the Police Recertification Program, as well as related goals and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains the Police Recertification Program’s activities and ensures compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Supports participating police agencies by acting as the program liaison, providing necessary information and reports, and soliciting feedback on the quality and effectiveness of the program content and delivery.
- Collaborates across departments and externally to innovate and shape the future of the Police Recertification Course Program, the Burke School, and Post University.
- Supplies supporting offices at Post University—e.g., Instructional Design, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, etc.—with information needed to maintain and develop the Police Recertification Program.
- Participates in University governance activities, as required.
- Ensures Connecticut Police Officer Standards and Training Council (POSTC) standards are met by the Police Recertification Program.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience as a police training officer or training director preferred.
- Prior police curriculum and course development experience within the State of Connecticut required.
- POSTC police instructor certification in several areas, with experience teaching police recertification courses in a traditional classroom and/or online setting.
- Prior or current teaching and/or other work experience that shows at least 5 years of progressively responsible leadership and innovation experience.
- Positive attitude and proven leadership ability.
- Student and customer-focused approach.
- A consistent focus on delivering an outstanding and creative learning experience to students.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching and programs is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution.
- Proficiency in the use of virtual, web-based communication tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel and Word, and other related work productivity programs.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management