Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
Post University is seeking a Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (Full-time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”.
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (“Director”) is a full-time position, integral to the University’s mission. The Director’s key functions are to assist the Dean in developing the graduate Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program with its two master’s degree offerings and two graduate counseling certificate offerings, supervising the full-time and part-time faculty who teach in the program, and preparing the program for future application to become accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The Director is accountable for faculty hiring and development, programmatic student retention, and ensuring the program and faculty are in compliance with relevant policies and procedures. The Director will lead the course and program development with the guidance of the Dean and assistance of the full-time core faculty and others. This position is on Post’s main campus and is not a remote opportunity.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise full-time core faculty and part-time faculty for the program
- Ensure program faculty members are meeting university and program expectations, adhering to academic policies, and are creating an engaging environment that promotes student success
- Gather and provide student success and instructor performance data to the Dean as needed
- Collaborate with program faculty, admissions reps, academic advisors, and other Post Associates accountable for program growth and student success to drive continuous program improvement
Course Quality, Curriculum Development, and Assessment
- Ensure that all graduate counseling courses are relevant, engaging, and in alignment with current CACREP accreditation standards
- Oversee course development and redevelopment to improve the student experience and student learning as well as to comply with CACREP standards
- Teach 4 courses (12 credits) in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program within an academic year
- Lead the program’s strategic goal and efforts to become accredited by CACREP
- Assist with other accreditation activities and reports as needed
- Participate in University Senate governance
- Participate in weekly program meetings, as well as additional assigned meetings and activities
- Other duties assigned by the Dean
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An earned doctoral degree in Counseling Education is required
- At least three years of experience managing field-related programs and supervising staff
- At least three years of experience teaching in higher education (online experience preferred)
- A solid understanding of CACREP accreditation standards strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs required
- Experience with Blackboard and/or similar Learning Management Systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution
Applicants should provide a cover letter and references.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management