Programmer Analyst – .Net
Post University is looking for a highly skilled Programmer Analyst with a strong background in building scalable, high-quality and high-performance solutions using Microsoft technologies. The programmer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications and building & maintaining web forms/workflows using Windows Forms/Windows Workflow Foundation. This person will work with a team of experienced business analyst/project managers, developers & business users to build high-performance enterprise level solutions. The ideal candidate is self-driven with a “get it done” mentality and a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow standard methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
- Solid communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work as a team member with minimum supervision
- Proactive initiative, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- Experience exchanging data with a variety of platforms and systems
- Designs, writes, validates and modifies code and scripts efficiently
- Designs SQL Server database tables to support project requirements
- Writes SQL queries to support data gathering requirements
- As part of a team, works on conceptualizing and development of new programs and web applications
- Develops and executes effective testing plans
- Creates and maintains documentation related to assigned web applications, programs and other systems
- Tracking and reporting progress of project to supervisor and project managers.
- Project planning and execution
- Application support
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related study
- 3+ years of related programming experience, which includes Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Angular JS, C#/VB.Net, jQuery and SQL Server.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of HTML, Visual Studio, jQuery UI, Angular JS, .NET Framework, Web Services, LINQ, JSON, SQL
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods
- Kendo-UI experience a plus
- Agile development experience a plus
- Test Driven Development experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to help identify problems and implement effective solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including documentation)
- Teamwork and self-direction skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of code repositories, branching and merging
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management